PDA

View Full Version : Curl issues, again, PLEASE help!

Hollyfire3
March 23rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
I know i have a million (alright a couple) threads on my curls randomly going MIA, so, i am wondering, can old damage and protein overload from over the summer cause curl loss? Are there ANY other ways or things i can try to get my curls back? I scrunch, i have done SMTs i have tried NOT to use heat, i have tried different shampoos and conditioners, clarifying with shampoo and with baking soda, i have tried different products (but suggestions are still welcome) and i feel so depressed, i just want my volume and curls back.....funny, i feel like i am being punished for hating them all those years....any last resorts? Any advice? Anything? I am really trying, but nothing is really working........

chou
March 23rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
I'm sorry you're still having trouble with your wave pattern :(
You might just have to baby your new growth and gradually trim away the damage, as that part may not curl the way used to again. If you want to wear your hair full and curly you could try non-damaging Caruso rollers. I have some results pics from them in my album.

jeanniet
March 23rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
I lose the curl in my hair very easily--the best curl is right after washing it--but damp bunning overnight seems to help. I wear a sleep cap at night, so I just twist my hair up into a loose bun, spritz it with distilled water, and put the cap on. In the morning I'll have waves to curls. I don't do any scrunching on top of that, but it would probably add a little more wave too.

ladonna
March 23rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
I'm going through this same thing, for the past week my curls have disappeared

lapushka
March 23rd, 2012, 06:40 PM
I know i have a million (alright a couple) threads on my curls randomly going MIA, so, i am wondering, can old damage and protein overload from over the summer cause curl loss? Are there ANY other ways or things i can try to get my curls back? I scrunch, i have done SMTs i have tried NOT to use heat, i have tried different shampoos and conditioners, clarifying with shampoo and with baking soda, i have tried different products (but suggestions are still welcome) and i feel so depressed, i just want my volume and curls back.....funny, i feel like i am being punished for hating them all those years....any last resorts? Any advice? Anything? I am really trying, but nothing is really working........

If it is heat damage (as was suggested in that other thread, I believe), those curls aren't magically going to come back. Patience then is the only thing that's going to do anything, hair takes a long time to grow. Patience, and gradually trimming the damage off... until the curls come back.

Hollyfire3
March 23rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
If it is heat damage (as was suggested in that other thread, I believe), those curls aren't magically going to come back. Patience then is the only thing that's going to do anything, hair takes a long time to grow. Patience, and gradually trimming the damage off... until the curls come back.

I am guessing my curls don't start until my hair is longer because i have new growth for maybe 4 or so inches and no curls....i am worried though......what is a good moisture treatment (perferably DIY)if that will help? (or do i need protein because of the damage?) if it helps, it isn't visibly damaged, just the curls are gone.

Hollyfire3
March 23rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
I'm going through this same thing, for the past week my curls have disappeared

Its sad, and this has been going on for months, since last summer actually, it seems to have gotten a bit better....but not NEAR what my hair used to be....sooooo depresing,

Hollyfire3
March 23rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
I lose the curl in my hair very easily--the best curl is right after washing it--but damp bunning overnight seems to help. I wear a sleep cap at night, so I just twist my hair up into a loose bun, spritz it with distilled water, and put the cap on. In the morning I'll have waves to curls. I don't do any scrunching on top of that, but it would probably add a little more wave too.

Bunning take ALL the waves out of my hair, maybe i'm doing something wrong? The water may help though, thank you

Hollyfire3
March 23rd, 2012, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry you're still having trouble with your wave pattern :(
You might just have to baby your new growth and gradually trim away the damage, as that part may not curl the way used to again. If you want to wear your hair full and curly you could try non-damaging Caruso rollers. I have some results pics from them in my album.

I am sadly coming to the idea that i have many years of growing before i have a full head of curls....i am sorry i am still dealing with this crap, seriously, it makes me so sad to hate my hair so much, more so than when it was curly and i was still straightening it, like i said, i feel as though i am being punished for something, but i have NO idea what......those Caruso rollers make pretty curls, but are they expensive? Thank you for the help and support, it makes me feel a bit better.:)

ladonna
March 23rd, 2012, 07:38 PM
I bought the rollers for $38 on amazon.com someone (avital) said she looses her curls and that alla oil or powder helps bring them back. I was straightening my hair with the carusos and my hair is heavy so I'm holding its fixable. Gl

Hollyfire3
March 23rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
I bought the rollers for $38 on amazon.com someone (avital) said she looses her curls and that alla oil or powder helps bring them back. I was straightening my hair with the carusos and my hair is heavy so I'm holding its fixable. Gl

My hair is heavy also, so these might be good. Also, i might end up looking into that alma powder or oil, i don't want to buy another product or anything for my hair, i have SO much, but if this really will help.....do you know if i can get samples?

ladonna
March 23rd, 2012, 07:57 PM
Go to hennasooq.com for a sample.

Hollyfire3
March 23rd, 2012, 08:01 PM
Go to hennasooq.com for a sample.

Thank you! I will do so

5 grams of alma for a sample...how much will this cover? have you used it before? What were your results? Does it tone down red in chemical hair dye? I don't want it to change my hair color....

ladonna
March 23rd, 2012, 08:05 PM
50© for a 5gram powder sample, $1.25 for a oil sample

Hollyfire3
March 23rd, 2012, 08:08 PM
50© for a 5gram powder sample, $1.25 for a oil sample

Thank you, i think i will get the powder, i will have enough to do a small section, right?

ladonna
March 23rd, 2012, 08:14 PM
I would ask over in henna discussion area, amla was suggested to me today.

Hollyfire3
March 23rd, 2012, 08:17 PM
I would ask over in henna discussion area, amla was suggested to me today.

I will, thank you. You have really helped alot.

ladonna
March 23rd, 2012, 08:19 PM
You've helped me too, was just going to accept my straighter hair. You've given me hope lol

Hollyfire3
March 23rd, 2012, 08:22 PM
You've helped me too, was just going to accept my straighter hair. You've given me hope lol

I GAVE someone hope...wow! I have NO hope, i am just stubborn and determined, not to mention my sanity depends on me getting this striaghtened (or curled) out. Don't except straighter hair, this IS fixable, i keep telling myself this, but it is hard, very hard.