PDA

View Full Version : braiding my wife's hair

br
July 23rd, 2008, 04:18 PM
Hello I am a new member .my wife has bsl hair and I help her to take care of it .i brush her hair and make very nice braids (I know to do all kinds of braids).
Just curious to know if there are any ladies here that gets help from their partners with hairstyles?

Islandgrrl
July 23rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Hello I am a new member .my wife has bsl hair and I help her to take care of it .i brush her hair and make very nice braids (I know to do all kinds of braids).
Just curious to know if there are any ladies here that gets help from their partners with hairstyles?

Don't I wish. Do you hire out? :silly:

Riot Crrl
July 23rd, 2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I wish. I don't think DH knows how to make a 3 strand.

br
July 23rd, 2008, 04:23 PM
i dont hire out its just for fun.

Eboshi
July 23rd, 2008, 04:24 PM

:confused: Are you looking for new styles to try ? Why not have your wife join up ?

Lixie
July 23rd, 2008, 04:25 PM
What about you, br, do you have long hair too? :)

Pegasus Marsters
July 23rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
I always braid my many wives hair :face: They love it loads.

Islandgrrl
July 23rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
i dont hire out its just for fun.

It was kind of a rhetorical question :) Anyway, I think it's awesome that you do that for your wife. Quite lucky, she is!

br
July 23rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
:confused: Are you looking for new styles to try ? Why not have your wife join up ?
i know to do some buns too.

Eboshi
July 23rd, 2008, 04:29 PM
i know to do some buns too.

That's nice. And ?

br
July 23rd, 2008, 04:29 PM
What about you, br, do you have long hair too? :)
no, i have short hair

Euphony
July 23rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Awww how sweet. My hubby tried to braid my hair a few weeks ago. He took a very long time, it felt like a lot of stopping and starting. When he was done it looked really good at the bottom, but the top of the braid didn't start until about 6" away from my head.

Do you have long hair br?

Najade
July 23rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
My partner doesnt braid my hair or anything like that. He doesnt like updo's or braids, he wants to see it all 'free'. So, I cant get my man to do something like braiding ;-)

br
July 23rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
That's nice. And ?
thats all i know

br
July 23rd, 2008, 04:33 PM
Awww how sweet. My hubby tried to braid my hair a few weeks ago. He took a very long time, it felt like a lot of stopping and starting. When he was done it looked really good at the bottom, but the top of the braid didn't start until about 6" away from my head.

Do you have long hair br?
no,i have short

Eboshi
July 23rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
br, I have to admit here that I don't understand the purpose of your post. Are you looking for new styles or try or just sharing information that you like to help with hairstyles ? Why not have your wife join this forum ?

Patrycja
July 23rd, 2008, 04:35 PM
shhhh.....I hear something..... :D

Lucky you for being so skilled at braiding.I can only do three strand braids.

br
July 23rd, 2008, 04:38 PM
shhhh.....I hear something..... :D

Lucky you for being so skilled at braiding.I can only do three strand braids.
its matter of practicing

br
July 23rd, 2008, 04:42 PM
br, I have to admit here that I don't understand the purpose of your post. Are you looking for new styles or try or just sharing information that you like to help with hairstyles ? Why not have your wife join this forum ?
i just sharing information and i will post pics.me and my wife are both like long hair and we join together.

Eboshi
July 23rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
i just sharing information and i will post pics.me.

:tmi: That's OK, you don't have to do that :tmi:

Pegasus Marsters
July 23rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
i just sharing information and i will post pics.me and my wife are both like long hair and we join together.

Account sharing isn't allowed. One account per person per lifetime.

br
July 23rd, 2008, 04:47 PM
Account sharing isn't allowed. One account per person per lifetime.
the one account is for both of us,we live in the same house and use the same computer.

Pegasus Marsters
July 23rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
the one account is for both of us,we live in the same house and use the same computer.

I repeat, account sharing isn't allowed. One account per person per lifetime. It's in the site rules.

You know, You're really not helping yourself right now. :rolleyes:

Eboshi
July 23rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
br, I have just sent you a private message. If your wife wishes to join the forum, she will have to set up her own account with her own username. Account sharing is not allowed.

Please read the Community Guidelines and Terms of Service, located here:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4005

Patrycja
July 23rd, 2008, 05:11 PM
:tmi: That's OK, you don't have to do that :tmi:

LOL :lol: I love that smiley guy.Just as much as I love the monkey/ape/chimp avatar :D

Oh and br-I've practiced and practiced.I'm terrible at updos-it's something I actually take pride in ;) Noone can flub up a bun and braid quite like me!

TammySue
July 23rd, 2008, 05:17 PM
I always braid my many wives hair :face: They love it loads.

LOL!
(Umm, I asked you a question when I sent my card to you. So, huh, huh?) :D

Pegasus Marsters
July 23rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
LOL!
(Umm, I asked you a question when I sent my card to you. So, huh, huh?) :D

MARRY ME! (But I have no idea what number you are. -_-)

TammySue
July 23rd, 2008, 05:21 PM
MARRY ME! (But I have no idea what number you are. -_-)

I DO! (It might be fun trying to figure out what number I am!) :p

Pegasus Marsters
July 23rd, 2008, 05:31 PM
I DO! (It might be fun trying to figure out what number I am!) :p

Wait! Won't a certain someone be jealous? :lol:

nutsenmai
July 23rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
I used to have my husband trim my hair before it was long enough for me to use Feye's method. He can't braid though, don't know why as he has long hair himself. Maybe it's his big oaf-ish hands... :D

CaityBear
July 23rd, 2008, 06:49 PM
I'll sometimes have my boyfriend braid my hair before bed when I'm staying at his house for a week or so. I'll have to get him to try a french braid sometimes. :P Saves cramped arms from french braiding myself lol

ole gray mare
July 23rd, 2008, 11:14 PM
I had a boyfriend several years ago with long hair. I french braided it for him once. He didn't respond at all nicely to my oooohing and aaaaahing and saying how pretty his braid was. But seriously...he had some gorgeous kinda hair.

aisling
July 24th, 2008, 02:37 AM
br, I have just sent you a private message. If your wife wishes to join the forum, she will have to set up her own account with her own username. Account sharing is not allowed.

Please read the Community Guidelines and Terms of Service, located here:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4005

Will he be able to read a PM?

0-25 posts:
Can view and post in the public hair-related forums
Can view and post in the Off-Topic forums (Friendship, etc)
Can post in the public forums
Can have an avatar/profile photo

Can not view profiles and leave profile visitor messages
Can not see Blogs or Photo Albums
Can not see Social Groups
Can not use Private Messaging
Can not have a signature
Can not edit their own posts
Can not create new polls (new!) but can vote in them
Can not set self to invisible
Can not edit profile layout/colors
Can not use Friends List
Can not edit/delete profile visitor messages

toodramatik
July 24th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Will he be able to read a PM?

Yeah he will. Just not reply i think

Tap Dancer
July 24th, 2008, 06:28 AM
I'll sometimes have my boyfriend braid my hair before bed when I'm staying at his house for a week or so. I'll have to get him to try a french braid sometimes. :P Saves cramped arms from french braiding myself lol

You're 16 and allowed to stay with your boyfriend for a week? Wow.

(Sorry for going off-topic.)

Patty lou
July 24th, 2008, 07:56 AM
DH braids my hair and also both DD's sometimes for church on Sundays, he is a better braider than me. (hate to admit it)

Some times he does braided up-dooos and buns on me.

Patty lou

jojo
July 24th, 2008, 08:28 AM
In answer to your question, my DH is banned from going anywhere near my hair!

I let him wash it sometimes but not very often!

eresh
July 24th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Nope, my partner doesn't help me, I'm fully capable to take care of my own hair and I like it that way :)
When he had long hair though, I used to herringbone his hair every morning for yeaaaars. I got tired of doing that...
Now he shaved his head and it looks gooooood ;)

br
July 24th, 2008, 03:10 PM
It was kind of a rhetorical question :) Anyway, I think it's awesome that you do that for your wife. Quite lucky, she is!
thankyou very much

Blueneko
July 24th, 2008, 05:05 PM
My husband will play with my hair and brush it, but mostly he leans on it and pulls it while we are watching tv in bed. :)

I just recently got him to brush the 3 year old's hair. Braiding would be something.

thankyousir74
July 24th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I believe i will attempt at braiding my DBF's hair this weekend while we wait in line for the Dark Knight. He doesn't know how to braid yet but hopefully, in time, he shall learn :D

br
November 13th, 2017, 04:13 AM
after I learned to make a lot of braids and hairstyles unfortunately my wife cut her. now she has bob style.
but she grow it again.

lapushka
November 13th, 2017, 06:29 AM
after I learned to make a lot of braids and hairstyles unfortunately my wife cut her. now she has bob style.
but she grow it again.

Maybe she's not really into the braiding and long hair as much as you think. Why not grow your hair out, if at all possible. :flower: Then you'll kill 2 birds with one stone. ;)

lithostoic
November 13th, 2017, 06:40 AM
but she grow it again.

You should grow your own hair! I bet it would look very good