PDA

View Full Version : Conditioning hair after a wash?

MissDixie
March 23rd, 2012, 01:18 PM
What are your favorite ways to condition hair after a wash? Normally I use oils(coconut/almond) in the winter, but with summer I'd like something light!?

Any natural recipes? Which tea rinses are good for this? Any other tips?

I heard argan oil is great, but hesitant to buy. Any good place to get reasonable
price for it?

rock007junkie
March 23rd, 2012, 02:22 PM
My favorite thing to do is to add a bit of honey to my conditioner.

Carolyn
March 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
I just bought some Josie Maran Argon oil at Sephora. So far I like it a lot. It seems nice and light. It's colorless which is important to me in an oil. It smells nice too. I use it as a light leave in. I use it in addition to regular conditioner which I could never do without.

Madora
March 23rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
I always dilute my conditioner..one tablespoon to 8 oz warm water.

Amber_Maiden
March 23rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Well, I do use conditioner, and then after rinsing it out, I use some Nightblooming's hair oil. I also use neem oil before washing my hair, sometimes.

kahuna
March 23rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
i though about trying castor oil, what do you guys think about adding some after a wash/condition?

einna
March 23rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
I have read here that chamomile tea is supposed to be good for hair, it even has conditioning effects if I am not mistaken.

MissDixie
March 23rd, 2012, 05:42 PM
Woooh!! I will look into the argan oil and chamomile tea!! I'll also experiment with the honey.
@rock007junkie how much do you use?

Lol talking about tea and honey has now made me crave some to drink lol!

Bunnysaur
March 23rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
What are your favorite ways to condition hair after a wash? Normally I use oils(coconut/almond) in the winter, but with summer I'd like something light!?

Any natural recipes? Which tea rinses are good for this? Any other tips?

I heard argan oil is great, but hesitant to buy. Any good place to get reasonable
price for it?

I love argan oil! You can get it at Garden of Wisdom (link below) for a reasonable price.

I just bought some Josie Maran Argon oil at Sephora. So far I like it a lot. It seems nice and light. It's colorless which is important to me in an oil. It smells nice too. I use it as a light leave in. I use it in addition to regular conditioner which I could never do without.

You can find it at Garden of Wisdom here (http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/3987807/3777591.htm) for much cheaper.

swearnsue
March 23rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
I think Madora's suggestion sounds good for summer, to dilute the conditioner.

Diamond.Eyes
March 23rd, 2012, 06:14 PM
I really like coconut oil followed by some shea butter to lock in moisture. Sometimes I use a little bit of Nightblooming Panacea in my hair after I S&C it. I'm currently loving Nightblooming's Summer blend, which is vegan. Sometimes I will even heavily dilute my Aubrey Organics conditioner and use that as a leave-in if my hair needs it.

Sillage
March 23rd, 2012, 06:16 PM
You can find it at Garden of Wisdom here (http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/3987807/3777591.htm) for much cheaper.

Ahh how soon the enabled becomes the enabler :D

May I also recommend their West African shea, avocado oil, rose hip seed oil, and tamanu oil (if you can take the smell which is somewhere between butter pecan ice cream and leather)? The trial packs they offer are really really awesome and the dropper bottles they come in are super handy.

Lipbalmbabe
March 23rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
I get 1 part coconut oil to 8 parts water and spray it in my wet hair and dry hair for shine!

Miss Catrina
March 23rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
i though about trying castor oil, what do you guys think about adding some after a wash/condition?

Castor oil is so thick and sticky, I can't imagine it working well as a leave-in.

Kayla Nyx
March 23rd, 2012, 06:28 PM
Ill dilute my comditioner, like madora, though ill use an 8oz bottle and do 3 parts water to 1 part conditioner. In the winder ill use Garnier Frutis leave in and apply EVOO later on

Bunnysaur
March 23rd, 2012, 07:03 PM
Ahh how soon the enabled becomes the enabler :D

May I also recommend their West African shea, avocado oil, rose hip seed oil, and tamanu oil (if you can take the smell which is somewhere between butter pecan ice cream and leather)? The trial packs they offer are really really awesome and the dropper bottles they come in are super handy.

:o I can also vouch for the West African shea and the avocado oil... :D

Sillage
March 23rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
No :o here, Bunnysaur-- enabler is a badge to be worn with pride! Just ask GRU :D

BTW, I forgot to add one of my favorite leave ins of the moment: L'oreal EverSleek Finishing Creme. Smells amazing, cuts down on frizz and makes my hair super soft. It's also silicone free if that matters to you.