PDA

View Full Version : Growing out bob and fringe - together?

hancake
March 23rd, 2012, 01:00 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site, so please be nice :)
I've had long, thick, wavy, gorgeous hair for most of my life, but stupidly recently became 'adventurous' with it. First I cut layers, then I trimmed it to apl, then I had a sweeping fringe, then a blunt fringe, then sl, then a graduated bob(!) I liked the thrill of each change, but I hated each haircut more than the last and was too impatient to grow it, so thought it might be okay if I just cut it again. (How many people have been there?)
Now it's down to my shoulders at the front and bottom of my neck at the back. I have a few long layers and a blunt, eye-skimming fringe (which apparently suits me, but it drives me mad!).
I need advice to help me achieve gorgeous waist-length hair (hair care tips, supplements etc). Should I cut it all one length first (though I hate the idea of losing the length in the front?) because it will look stupid when it grows a bit longer? Also, should I try to grow out the fringe and the bob together, or will that be a horrible mess? Has anyone else been in this situation?

Words
March 23rd, 2012, 01:56 PM
I am in the same situation right know and do not know what to do! ;)

woolyleprechaun
March 23rd, 2012, 02:00 PM
I think you are probably best to micro trim the front regularly in order to even it up (without losing the length drasticaly) and that will also give the fringe a chance to start catching up. To be totaly honest, if its looking OK at the moment and not appearing weird, or in bad condition, I would leave well alone :)

swearnsue
March 23rd, 2012, 02:07 PM
I think you are probably best to micro trim the front regularly in order to even it up (without losing the length drasticaly) and that will also give the fringe a chance to start catching up. To be totaly honest, if its looking OK at the moment and not appearing weird, or in bad condition, I would leave well alone :)

Good advice there!

NymphSpirit
March 23rd, 2012, 02:32 PM
First of all, welcome to the LHC, and happy growing :) now second, I think you should not trim at all unless there's damage. You see, from what I've read and experienced, hair on the back/nape/crown grows much faster than the one on the front and sides, so I think it'll eventually even out itself on it's own :D (Of course this depends on how you are more comfortable, I'm a non trimmer, so if I can stay away from the scissors then it's best :p)

(Now the fringe is a whole different matter, but I think you could do without trimming the rest of the hair, pinning it back or parting it in the middle are good options, I do that with mine currently, and when the longest part of my hair reaches my goal then I'll maintain until my fringe catches up)

spidermom
March 23rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Many of us have to go through a lot of bad hair styles before we find the one that suits us most. If I were you, I'd grow until I couldn't stand it any more, then get a little trim to shape it up. I did this when I decided to grow out my pixie.

oktobergoud
March 23rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
Welcome to the club ;) I have been in the same boat, I was growing out a pixie though. But I do agree that the hair on the nape/back seems to grow much faster! About 2 months ago I got an a-line bob, sort of, but the back is already longer than the front again!

So, if I were you, I'd just let it be and only trim when having damage. And growing out bangs & bob at the same time is totally okay! Why not? :)