PDA

View Full Version : vent hair texture always changing

ladonna
March 23rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Does this happen to everyone? When I cut my hair to shoulder I had lot of tight curls, at apl my curls loosen to fat curls, now at bsl I cant get my curls to stay at all. So now I'm stuck with big poofball straightish hair. Should I just go ahead and change my hair type again? Ive done everything except add styling products to my hair, I don't even want to do that.

Katze
March 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Your hair in your avatar pic looks pretty wavy, naturally, though it does sound like length pulls your waves out (I have the opposite - longer hair is wavier). Perhaps your hair texture plays a role here? My DH is 2c/3c but fine and thick haired, and his spiral curls only really develop past shoulder - he is now past mid-back (BSL) and has lovely ringlets, but he has also been using much more conditioner and regular leave-in.

Have you tried CO washing, leave-in, or any of the other 'curly girl' methods to encourage wave and curl? There are also hairdos that - for me anyway - help encourage wave, like the 'lazy wrap bun.'

The other thing is that hormones change hair type, and hair does change over time. Mine has gone from stick-straight as a kid to 'bumpy' as a teen and just keeps getting wavier...but I would bet that going straighter could also be the result of hormones...?!?

good luck finding something that works!

Avital88
March 23rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
I have exactly the same,you can try amla oil or powder, it really tightens the curlpattern for me. good luck!

ladonna
March 23rd, 2012, 01:34 PM
My avatar pic is went I first joined lhc, I always wore my hair bunned so those are bun waves. I cut my hair soon after go get rid of heat and dye damage. Im still doing all the curly hair techniques, I just clarified to lessen any possible weight. I think my hair is just to heavy now, I thought about layers but I self trim and ive always wanted to see how my hair would look with a blunt hemline.

ladonna
March 23rd, 2012, 01:36 PM
I have exactly the same,you can try amla oil or powder, it really tightens the curlpattern for me. good luck!

We are hair twins? Lol. I will try some amla. Eta do you hairs have trouble clumping together?

alyaziaaah
March 23rd, 2012, 02:21 PM
do long layers, but dont do it yourself, i think layers will look nice and your curls will come back better. i had the same issue, with a straight hemline my hair would look poofy and straightish, then i cut layers and everybody thought i did a perm!

rock007junkie
March 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM

Amla oil does that too? Do you use pure Amla oil or the one that's mixed with sesame oil?