PDA

View Full Version : New obsession

Aimskylove
March 22nd, 2012, 08:19 PM
I am now obsessed with brushing my hair, not when it is wet of course. lol. It just helps me realize how long it is when I brush it I want to do it all the time haha.

KaasKnot
March 23rd, 2012, 08:59 AM
I can relate. Back when mine was almost waist-length I was always petting it. Probably damaging in some way, but it was soothing.

heidi w.
March 23rd, 2012, 09:40 AM
Are you brushing to detangle or brushing as in Boar Bristle Brushing (BBB). Do you know how to BBB?

I don't recommend brushing. I recommend combing instead, and with a wide tooth comb. It took me a while to make the switch because it took me some time to realize that I actually needed a wide tooth comb that's "extra" wide. I finally found one and it made all the difference. Brushing pulls out more hair than combing, particularly if one is somehow doing it incorrectly.

heidi w.

Aimskylove
March 25th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Are you brushing to detangle or brushing as in Boar Bristle Brushing (BBB). Do you know how to BBB?

I don't recommend brushing. I recommend combing instead, and with a wide tooth comb. It took me a while to make the switch because it took me some time to realize that I actually needed a wide tooth comb that's "extra" wide. I finally found one and it made all the difference. Brushing pulls out more hair than combing, particularly if one is somehow doing it incorrectly.

heidi w.

Oops I should have been more detailed. I mean combing. I dont use a brush. But thank you for the advice :) I just hate having my hair tangled!

AnqeIicDemise
March 25th, 2012, 11:16 PM

heidi w.

i think that may be my issue with detangling with a comb. It always hurts no matter how slow and gentle I go with it. Maybe I need wider spaced tines...