PDA

View Full Version : Flattering length below waist? On 3a hair

Nocturnal
March 22nd, 2012, 04:29 PM
I'm thinking of cutting back my classic length (?) hair (the longest layer is below bum line). I want to wear it down more. I will have it slightly layered at the bottom to keep shape and help with curls. What length do you consider flattering around waistline? Does it look better when all the hair is above waist line? Or all layers at the hip, below waist? Or something else? Please post pictures if you have!

1nuitblanche
March 22nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
I think it usually looks really pretty with the longest layers at hip, but it depends on your body shape too.

Amber_Maiden
March 22nd, 2012, 05:07 PM
Varies from person to person.

katsrevenge
March 22nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
You are welcome to album stalk if you wish. I have near enough to your hair type... and layers in the bottom parts. (grown out shorter cut, really... and the legnht shots are oiled/brushed as straight as I can get it..)

My belief is that curlies need to have either a U or V to show both the curl and movement and avoid a triangle. I think that the shape might be more important then where the layers fall?
Unless it is super long..

Mine is mostly waist, some tailbone-ish pulled straight. At this length I get alot of movement and it is flattering (I think anyways!).

Nocturnal
March 22nd, 2012, 08:20 PM
Thank you for your suggestions. I have a curvy body type. I usually keep rounded (U-shape) hemline. I don't want drastic layering though, I want to have shortest layer to be longer than BSL. I felt like my hair was too short when BSL layers fell in front.

Quixii
March 22nd, 2012, 10:23 PM
I don't really have a problem wearing 3a classic-length down, but I know everyone differs.
Just as, personally, I find this length flattering enough, and I think the fairy tail ends help. I tend to think super blunt hemlines with curly hair don't look very nice, but that's just my opinion.

Maktub
March 22nd, 2012, 10:31 PM
it really depends what YOU find looks good !

I like shorter layers or U starting at waist and longer hair abour to hip. That's what I aim !

Aliped
March 22nd, 2012, 10:55 PM
I've just trimmed from an inch short of classic, back to waist. I am amazed at how much better it looks down. But I had very fairy-tailed ends, which are now a blunt hemline - I like it a lot better (sorry no pics though).