PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Braid goal!

HintOfMint
March 22nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
The very ends of my braid now touch the waistband of my pants! Granted, it's just the very tippy ends of my braid, but I never thought my braid would get that long.

I'm really happy because I've been kind of bummed about my hair lately, but this really perked me up.

I don't have a flickr or photobucket, so here's a link to my LHC album

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7176&pictureid=129365

Anybody have separate goals for their braided length?

MegaMystery
March 22nd, 2012, 02:32 PM
Woohoo, reaching mini-goals is great, congratulations! :cheese: And your hair looks lovely too.
I reached my first braid-minigoal a while ago, my braid now sometimes gets stuck in the collar of my shirt and i have to shake my head to get it out :)

HintOfMint
March 22nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
Woohoo, reaching mini-goals is great, congratulations! :cheese: And your hair looks lovely too.
I reached my first braid-minigoal a while ago, my braid now sometimes gets stuck in the collar of my shirt and i have to shake my head to get it out :)

Congrats! Your hair is quite pretty as well :)

whitedove
March 22nd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Impressive braid thickness - congrats :)

Amber_Maiden
March 22nd, 2012, 02:38 PM
Congrats on meeting your goal!!!

ouseljay
March 22nd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Yay! Your hair is really pretty.

My braid goal is for it to not taper down to invisibility. It's a general hair goal, too, but it's really only noticable in a braid. And it sounds silly, but I realized last night that I would love to have a braid long enough to tuck in a front jeans pocket to keep it out of the way. :p

RapunzelKat
March 22nd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Congrats on you braid goal! :D Wow, your hair is so pretty - I love the color!

My next braid goal is to have a braid long enough to sit on :D My braid reaches to just past tailbone right now. ;)

caadam
March 22nd, 2012, 02:44 PM
Your hair is lovely! CONGRATS! ^ ^

Anje
March 22nd, 2012, 02:49 PM
Congrats!

My braid goal is to be able to do a faux crown braid, right in that spot behind the ears where it seems to naturally wrap. I suppose part of that goal would include the braid being the same thickness on both sides so I don't walk around with my head tilted because of the weight imbalance, but that seems more like a pipe dream right now.

sonrisa76
March 22nd, 2012, 02:52 PM
beautiful..beautiful..congrats on your hair goal :disco::D:toast:

HintOfMint
March 22nd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Yay! Your hair is really pretty.

My braid goal is for it to not taper down to invisibility. It's a general hair goal, too, but it's really only noticable in a braid. And it sounds silly, but I realized last night that I would love to have a braid long enough to tuck in a front jeans pocket to keep it out of the way. :p

Thanks! I have a pretty bad braid taper, but I have layers, so that's not going away.

That's a cute idea about the jeans pocket!

Thanks everyone for your lovely compliments! And y'all are giving me all these new ideas for braid goals, haha.

healormor
March 22nd, 2012, 04:02 PM
Neat! I like the idea of braided length goals.

Firefly
March 22nd, 2012, 04:06 PM
What a lovely thick braid! Congrats!

rock007junkie
March 22nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Congrats! Love how thick your braid is!

katsrevenge
March 22nd, 2012, 05:16 PM
Lovely!

It looks so dense!

jeanniet
March 22nd, 2012, 07:26 PM
Gorgeous! I want my braid that long, too, but I have some ways to go. I think I need to learn to braid more loosely. ;)

Shesta
March 24th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Your braid looks lovely and it is so thick! Good job! :)

einna
March 24th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Beautiful, long and thick. My braid goal is to be able to wear a side braid that looks ok and stays.

jojo
March 24th, 2012, 03:58 PM
lovely thick braid it is too! i love the idea of braid goals, mine is somewhat similar, though im thinking of stopping at waist length!

Zesty
March 24th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Congrats! I sometimes have idle fantasties of my braid tassel touching my waistband, but it's not so much a goal per se as a motivational thing. First the ends of my loose hair have to get there (should only be several months more). ;)

jacqueline101
March 24th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Your hair is lovely.

kme81
March 24th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Awesome! My big-time braid goal is that a single braid will be able to wrap all the way around my head...as in a cornet/faux crown braid. I also would like it to be aesthetically pleasing...meaning very little taper. It is a goal that will take quite a while to achieve! haha :)