PDA

View Full Version : Trial on Products

BeccaAngel
March 22nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
When you get a new hair product, shampoo or conditioner or anything hair related. How long do you try it out before you say yes or no to keeping it?:)

HintOfMint
March 22nd, 2012, 02:33 PM
I give it about four or five washes, one of those including a clarifying. The main thing I experiment with is conditioner, so I'll try it after clarifying, then with CWC, then two more CWCs to check how it builds up, and also how it may respond to different weather. Weather has been crazy here, so it's not uncommon to go from warm dry to cold humid to warm humid... within the space of two weeks.

I'll also try it in an SMT post-clarifying if truly all else fails.

Product I'm slightly less forgiving with. If I continue to use a product after it has not wow-ed me, it is because I love the scent.

Khiwanean
March 22nd, 2012, 02:40 PM
I really varies. I guess I would say however long it takes me to form a solid opinion about it. If it's really awful the first time I try it, I'll probably get rid of it right then. If it's somewhere in the middle, I'll keep trying it until I either finish what I have or my opinion of it shifts one way of the other. If I still think it's nothing to get excited about after I've finished it, I won't repurchase. If I think it's good right away I'll keep using it and probably repurchase later unless my opinion really changes for the worse or I've tried something else that works better.

Amber_Maiden
March 22nd, 2012, 02:48 PM
I give it two-three washes.

Diamond.Eyes
March 22nd, 2012, 02:48 PM
If it's a s&c set, I give it about three washes before determining how much I like it. For oils and butters I wait about four days and see if they cause build-up or how they make my ends feel. For deep conditioners, I only try them once before making a decision. I sleep with deep conditoner in, and if I didn't like something the first time, I don't want to waste time with gunk sitting on my head while I sleep without knowing if it will be a bad experience again. :p

heidi w.
March 22nd, 2012, 02:53 PM
When you get a new hair product, shampoo or conditioner or anything hair related. How long do you try it out before you say yes or no to keeping it?:)

I don't try anything new at all. I have my routine, it works, and I'm sticking with what works.

No more need to trial and error and muck up my hair for the idea that there's something better out there.

heidi w.

white.chocolate
March 22nd, 2012, 03:35 PM
For a shampoo and a conditioner, 1 use. Then I see the results again after a second use.