PDA

View Full Version : Thought you all may find this article amusing

Long_hair_bear
March 22nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
http://voices.yahoo.com/five-common-hair-mistakes-every-woman-makes-10905425.html?cat=69 lmao is all I can say!

heidi w.
March 22nd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Overall pretty accurate.

heidi w.

Khiwanean
March 22nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
lmao! I've been know to go at least a year between cuts. My hair is not much worse for wear for it. I don't use shampoo: I CO. My fine, wavy hair loves GTFN (conditioner), which is labeled for very dry, damaged hair. It's heavy stuff, and though my hair my be a little dry, it's not damaged in the conventional sense. That conditioner still works well and doesn't weight my hair down noticably. Lots of curlys comb their hair when wet. On curly hair, it often results in less damage because it fights the curl pattern less.

The last two I agree with, though I'm not espcially great at following the former of the two.

sfgirl
March 22nd, 2012, 12:37 PM
I'd say the trim thing goes for women who does heat style, tease, and hairspray. Since we mostly protect out hair it's why we don't have to as much over here.

Ligeia_13
March 22nd, 2012, 01:00 PM
Combing Hair While Wet

I'd love to see the mess my hair would be in if I waited till it dried to comb it.

Oh, the horror...

swearnsue
March 22nd, 2012, 01:06 PM
My favorite part was to wring the excess water from the hair! Oh my! Like a dish cloth?

spidermom
March 22nd, 2012, 01:11 PM
My favorite part was to wring the excess water from the hair! Oh my! Like a dish cloth?

I do it more like milking a cow.

caadam
March 22nd, 2012, 01:16 PM
These tips are obviously tailored to women who have not discovered LHC. However, some of them are sound.

And excuse me, Mr. Vasken Memirjian—I didn't trim my hair for FOURTEEN months and it was just fine. It was soft, shiny, and manageable. It was after fourteen months that damage started showing up. But, like someone had already said, it's because I don't style my hair with products or blow fry it, or use other heated styling tools.

Amber_Maiden
March 22nd, 2012, 01:17 PM
Pretty accurate, good for beginners.

akka naeda
March 22nd, 2012, 01:50 PM
Hmm. I guess it depends on the individual and I have hair of steel:D

I trim my hair when I remember
I always use the "wrong" shampoo
99% of the time I wear the same hairstyle
I wring my hair like a dishcloth, rub it with a towel and then leave it to dry, sometimes using a blow dryer in the winter

The only one I don't do on his list of terrible things is combing my hair when wet, at this length it has to be dry for me to comb it. Yep, left to dry after wringing and rubbing with a towel and no tangles when I come to comb it. You people read that right:D

And my hair isn't tangled, matted or damaged. I always did this before LHC too, and why change what works?

jacqueline101
March 22nd, 2012, 02:11 PM
I thought it was interesting.

Covet
March 22nd, 2012, 02:55 PM
Combing Hair While Wet

I'd love to see the mess my hair would be in if I waited till it dried to comb it.

Oh, the horror...

Exactly! It works for some and doesn't work for others. Simple.

terylenerose
March 24th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I don't think it would make that much difference to my hair if I were a regular trimmer. I have lots of splits regardless of whether I trim or not. It's mostly in how the hair is treated, I think. And since when does a trim work miracles the way the article says it does? It improves the ends, yes, but unless the ends are so bad that they are damaging the rest of your hair there's no reason why getting them taken off would suddenly leave you with lovely, shiny, "alive" hair. That is, unless your stylist gives you some wonderful hair treatment.
I haven't used shampoo regularly for about 2 months now, so that tip is irrelevant in my case. I no longer comb wet because it was so hard to do gently, and I have never made a habit of rubbing with towels. Those two tips have some sense to them, but again, they won't work for everyone.
The ponytail tip is certainly good advice, but I never wear ponytails anyway because they are uncomfortable to take out. And "fun and flirty"? Oh, please! Not everyone wants to flirt. And the people who do know what they're doing without being told, or so I should think.