PDA

View Full Version : DT needed

Hollyfire3
March 21st, 2012, 03:46 PM
I want to do a DT on my hair it just seems so dry and not happy with me....
Do you think this would be good?
1 egg
2 or so Tablespoon of Aussie 3 minute miracle
Possibly a Tablespoon of aloe vera gel
any suggestions are welcome!
Also, does egg as a DT really break your hair? i read that somewhere.....

Anje
March 21st, 2012, 03:53 PM
For my hair, that would be too high in protein and would probably make it feel dry and tangly. Your hair very well could be different and love it -- I don't know how your hair likes protein. For my hair, which likes moisture and humectants, SMTs are marvelous as deep moisture treatments.

Hollyfire3
March 21st, 2012, 04:11 PM
For my hair, that would be too high in protein and would probably make it feel dry and tangly. Your hair very well could be different and love it -- I don't know how your hair likes protein. For my hair, which likes moisture and humectants, SMTs are marvelous as deep moisture treatments.

My hair dislikes most proteins, but I used to do an egg and olive oil treatment with much success. I don't have pure olive oil right now, so i figured the aussie and aloe would moisturize, there is no harm in trying, is there?:)

Anje
March 21st, 2012, 04:20 PM
Nope. Worst case scenario is that you end up with dry, rough hair. Do a good moisture treatment or two if that happens and your hair will reset pretty fast.

Hollyfire3
March 21st, 2012, 04:21 PM
Nope. Worst case scenario is that you end up with dry, rough hair. Do a good moisture treatment or two if that happens and your hair will reset pretty fast.

I shall go off to try it! Thank you!:) I just mixed it all up, it looks like yellow fluffy conditioner! LOL!