PDA

View Full Version : 1 year after big chop! *pics and too much text*

oktobergoud
March 21st, 2012, 01:41 PM
Hey guys/girls/people/etc. :D

One year ago I had a big chop and cut it back to a pixie again. I already had a pixie though, for years actually. But since I joined this board on January last year, I was already growing my hair out. However, it was still too damaged so I cut it really short again.
I did make a 'one year anniversary' thread a few months ago, but I actually feel this is more my one year anniversary, since I've been growing it out since that cut for real.

Plus, I just really don't want to do the dishes :o

So here are some pictures. Yes, I don't have long hair, but my hair hasn't been this long for.. maybe 4 years or so?? And I don't think I'd ever make it without you guys!! (A special shoutout to the SuperShorties!) This board has been such an enormous help, not only with products and haircare tips, but the support is also amazing :flower:

Anyway, on to the pictures..

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/lhc0.jpg

Last year!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/lhc1.jpg

And now :) Keep in mind I had a looooooot of trims and had to get rid of a mullet at least a thousand times. And it's already back! I mean, I got an a-line bob but now the back is longer again! The front also curls up which really annoys me. Normally it's more wavy btw.

(it's not that dark though, but more copper! But the lightning was from the back so.. a bit weird. I also have straggly ends at the front still.. I just did a microtrim myself though!)

But I did finally achieved my goal: chin length!! Obviously, being infected with the LHC virus, I now feel my hair is way too short still... next goal? Shoulder length!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/braidedupdo.jpg

And last week I discovered I could finally do some sort of fake crownbraid without the 'mullet' hanging loose! It does look messy haha, but at least my neck is free. I used to braid it and then let it loose at the back, but now it's getting too long for that! It would look like a mullet from the 80's or something D: Yay for bobby pin art..

Soooo enough picturewhoring for now haha. I promise to not post earlier than 6 months later ;) I'm just really happy with my hair right now and I'm quite proud that I got through that awkward stage, that was an absolute nightmare!! I took a picture of my hair every month, for those who are bored can take a look here: http://myboringhair.tumblr.com/tagged/monthly+picture/ for the nice awkward stages haha!

That's it! I end my rant ;) Off to do the dishes...

spidermom
March 21st, 2012, 01:50 PM
Congratulations on really good growth. I like the snow picture at the end.

PrairieRose
March 21st, 2012, 01:51 PM
Very nice! Awesome that you can do that braid even though your hair is shorter!:D

lapushka
March 21st, 2012, 01:53 PM
Congrats on making so much progress! Even though it's still chin length, coming from that pixie, it's a lot of growth!

And now :) Keep in mind I had a looooooot of trims and had to get rid of a mullet at least a thousand times. And it's already back! I mean, I got an a-line bob but now the back is longer again! The front also curls up which really annoys me. Normally it's more wavy btw.

Don't keep cutting it back off ;) If you do, you'll have the same problem over and over again. I guess it's just a phase you'll have to suffer through. In no time you'll reach shoulder if you just leave it alone. :)

Your braids are cute! :)

Amanah
March 21st, 2012, 01:57 PM
your hair is very cute, I love the braid :)

oktobergoud
March 21st, 2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks guys! :)

Congrats on making so much progress! Even though it's still chin length, coming from that pixie, it's a lot of growth!

Don't keep cutting it back off ;) If you do, you'll have the same problem over and over again. I guess it's just a phase you'll have to suffer through. In no time you'll reach shoulder if you just leave it alone. :)

Your braids are cute! :)

Thanks!

& The thing is, I really hate mullets. I had to do it, otherwise I'd never be able to grow it out! It's okay now, because it's all sort of even. I'm not going to cut it again, only small trims overall :) But I know for sure that if I had let the mullet grow, I'd get so frustrated that I would chop it all off into a pixie again! To each their own, I guess :) I don't really want long hair either, to me, shoulder length is already LONG :) (I know, when I reach shoulder length it will be way too short for me ;))

But again, thank you! :)

chou
March 21st, 2012, 02:05 PM
Your hair looks so even and full! Congratulations on your anniversary! Lovely braids, too :)

joflakes
March 21st, 2012, 02:21 PM
You probably know from the supershorties thread that I love your hair already but I just wanted to say again...it's awesome! You've inspired me to keep up practising braids in my short hair...I'm currently sat with two in as I type.

Well done on your growth and my hair is exactly the same in texture and annoying wave patterns so I know what you are going through!

Keep on growin'!

Amber_Maiden
March 21st, 2012, 02:48 PM
Very nice growth!

woolyleprechaun
March 21st, 2012, 02:52 PM
You look fantastic! I feel the mullet pain, its by far the hardest part of the growing out, and it looks pretty great to me. I find the longer I stay here, the longer hair has to be to be 'long'....a few years ago I would have considered my current length long but I seem to have developed hair-dysmorphia ;)
Keep up the fab growing! :)

lovinglocks
March 21st, 2012, 03:13 PM
Love the crownbraid! Looks super cute.

aisha.christine
March 21st, 2012, 03:35 PM
I love your hair :D
Congratulations on reaching your goal :) Going from pixie to chin is not fun, but you made it!

Your crown braids are really cute, too. :)

Diamond.Eyes
March 21st, 2012, 03:35 PM
That is great growth! Your hair color is absolutely gorgeous and that cut looks great on you! :flower: I can't wait to see your hair as it gets longer!

Sisgoldenhair65
March 21st, 2012, 03:39 PM
Congrats!! Your growth is awesome!!! :). I wear those crown braids all the time....love them!!

Littlewing13
March 21st, 2012, 04:04 PM
That colour is so pretty on you! love it, you look great :)

oktobergoud
March 21st, 2012, 04:21 PM
Thank you everyone :flower: You're too kind :D

You look fantastic! I feel the mullet pain, its by far the hardest part of the growing out, and it looks pretty great to me. I find the longer I stay here, the longer hair has to be to be 'long'....a few years ago I would have considered my current length long but I seem to have developed hair-dysmorphia ;)
Keep up the fab growing! :)

Ah yes, the mullet was horrible! I'm sooo glad that I'm past that stage now. But yeah, I think I've developed some sort of hair-dysmorphia as well haha. A year ago, my hair right now would be LONG! And now all I think is 'mehh it just needs to be an inch longer or so' (I keep thinking that as well, so it's never good enough haha)

long&blonde
March 21st, 2012, 04:28 PM
Your hair is beautiful. With the braids and pinning, it gives the illusion very well that your hair is much longer than it is. You are going to be a master stylist once you get longer length to play with again!

SunlightShines
March 21st, 2012, 04:41 PM
You have such beautiful hair! :) I wish I could braid my hair like yours!

goldenmoments
March 21st, 2012, 04:47 PM
Wonderful progress! I cant wait to post my own one year progress pictures now!

Goodwyfe
March 21st, 2012, 05:01 PM
I agree with woolylephrechaun! Since becoming a member here I now feel my hair is woefully short! At least it's a distraction from the body dysmorphia, ha!

oktobergoud
March 22nd, 2012, 02:13 AM
Thank you guys! I'm really glad I can braid haha, to be honest I really wanted to braid my hair again.. so it's a big reason why I started growing out my hair :)

joflakes
March 22nd, 2012, 02:50 AM
I'm not jealous of your braiding ability....no, not at all.....*guilty looking whistle*

Haha.

oktobergoud
March 22nd, 2012, 02:59 AM
I'm not jealous of your braiding ability....no, not at all.....*guilty looking whistle*

Haha.

Lol!! Thanks though ;) But really, I practiced a lot! When I had APL hair many years ago, I never braided my hair. I only remember that I tried french braiding ONCE and it looked horrible :o Now I was very determined to learn so when I reach APL, I hope I can make some proper braids and up-do's haha! But really, you didn't want to see my braids from the beginning haha, horrible!

Oh and I find Dutch braiding way easier than French braiding! French is going better now (I practice now and then ;)), but with the short layers Dutch braiding is just easier. My fingers still get confused when I try to do it the other way around haha!

bunzfan
March 22nd, 2012, 03:05 AM
You have had such great growth love the braids and your so pretty :)

joflakes
March 22nd, 2012, 03:20 AM
Lol!! Thanks though ;) But really, I practiced a lot! When I had APL hair many years ago, I never braided my hair. I only remember that I tried french braiding ONCE and it looked horrible :o Now I was very determined to learn so when I reach APL, I hope I can make some proper braids and up-do's haha! But really, you didn't want to see my braids from the beginning haha, horrible!

Oh and I find Dutch braiding way easier than French braiding! French is going better now (I practice now and then ;)), but with the short layers Dutch braiding is just easier. My fingers still get confused when I try to do it the other way around haha!

I was the same when I had APL hair. Only normal braids, nothing more!

I am the opposite. I can only french braid. Well..I can only lace braid at the moment. It's really funny! I'll post a photo of it in the supershorties thread so you can have a giggle. It's funny. I'm not sure how to carry it on past my temple! :lol:

longhairedwolf
March 22nd, 2012, 06:27 AM
Looking at the pics from one year ago and from now, I think your growth was amazing! You've added a lot of length in a relatively short time, especially given all the trims you did along the way. Just think where the next year will take you!

PixxieStix
March 22nd, 2012, 08:16 AM
Aaaaaw, congratulations! Your hair is looking great, and I'm happy for you that you are so pleased with your hair because really, that is all that matters!

summergreen
March 22nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Your hair looks great - love the crown braids too!

LaurelSpring
March 22nd, 2012, 08:45 AM
WOW! Im totally impressed! Amazing! I love that bob on you so much better than the short cut and Im sure it will look even more amazing as it grows. The braid is awesome. I love the snowy picture. Thanks for sharing.

NaiadOreiad
March 22nd, 2012, 09:09 AM
SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! big hugs!

vintage88
March 22nd, 2012, 09:47 AM
Fantastic progress congratulations! your hair looks so pretty :)

oktobergoud
March 22nd, 2012, 01:52 PM
Looking at the pics from one year ago and from now, I think your growth was amazing! You've added a lot of length in a relatively short time, especially given all the trims you did along the way. Just think where the next year will take you!

Thanks! It was a bit painful to trim so much while it still was so short, but it was really needed. I hope this year the growth goes a bit faster now I have to trim less often! :)

WOW! Im totally impressed! Amazing! I love that bob on you so much better than the short cut and Im sure it will look even more amazing as it grows. The braid is awesome. I love the snowy picture. Thanks for sharing.

Thank youuu :flower: I really liked having short hair but I'm ready for something new now I guess :)

SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! big hugs!

Thank you!! :D

honeydippedxo
March 22nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
lovely hair and omg you are soo pretty!

Sunshineliz
March 22nd, 2012, 05:28 PM
You and your hair are gorgeous! Happy growing!

BrightEyes
March 22nd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Your hair is so beautiful, I actually like how the front sides curl up:) Your braid is adorable and I love the color. Oh if only I could pull off red..........

Vanilla
March 22nd, 2012, 06:17 PM
I love your braided hairstyles. :). You've had some amazing growth in the past year. I'm looking forward to seeing your different styles as your hair gets longer.

bluesnowflake
March 22nd, 2012, 06:26 PM
Gorgeous hair! I really like the color.

luthein
March 22nd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Looks excellent :) Hopefully, from this point on, it grows out in non-mullet fashion. Congrats!

cheetahfast
March 22nd, 2012, 09:08 PM
Wow it looks amazing!! Great growth :cheese:!

I too hate doing the dishes.

AnqeIicDemise
March 22nd, 2012, 09:13 PM
Tell you what.. I'll trade you my hair for a day if I can play with your red color. Deal? Yes? Deal!

:D

ps: Its pretty nifty to see someone grow out their hair like you. I remember seeing your threads in the beginning and once you posted a link to your flicker page. I sat there for a while going over the images telling my DH how much I envied your hair color and how cute your pixie was. I'm such a red-head at heart. Really.. My heart was stolen by Anne of Green Gables.

honeydippedxo
March 22nd, 2012, 09:19 PM
Really.. My heart was stolen by Anne of Green Gables.
Same here I <3 Anne since I was 10 years old.:)

AnqeIicDemise
March 22nd, 2012, 10:53 PM
Same here I <3 Anne since I was 10 years old.:)

I cried when I found out her hair turned brown as an adult. xD

Of the Fae
March 23rd, 2012, 05:58 AM
Hey there fellow Dutchie! I love your colour! And your hair looks vibrant and shiny :D Keep it up!

jc10event
March 23rd, 2012, 06:24 AM
You have the most beautiful red hair. The growth has been cared for very well congratulations. I like those braids and that snow picture as well.:D All the best in your journey. Hmmm. Simply gorgeous hair.

oktobergoud
March 23rd, 2012, 02:42 PM
Tell you what.. I'll trade you my hair for a day if I can play with your red color. Deal? Yes? Deal!

:D

ps: Its pretty nifty to see someone grow out their hair like you. I remember seeing your threads in the beginning and once you posted a link to your flicker page. I sat there for a while going over the images telling my DH how much I envied your hair color and how cute your pixie was. I'm such a red-head at heart. Really.. My heart was stolen by Anne of Green Gables.

Haha yes, it's a deal!! Not sure if you'll get it back though ;)

& Thank you so much! I always go back to red, I guess I'm a red-head at heart as well :)

& Thanks guys :flower: I don't know what to say, you're too kind :)

maborosi
March 23rd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Wow! Your hair looks great!

I love the color- and I love the fringe/bangs, too! :D

And cute crown-updo! As soon as my hair's closer to one length, I might try something like that...hmm...

~maborosi~

einna
March 23rd, 2012, 04:53 PM
Looking good. Love the crown braid! =)

jeanniet
March 23rd, 2012, 05:16 PM
You've gotten some really great growth this year! Pixie to chin is the hardest, because you have to grow out all those layers. After this it will be easier and you'll see results faster. Love your color!

Maelyssa
March 26th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Hey guys/girls/people/etc. :D

One year ago I had a big chop and cut it back to a pixie again. I already had a pixie though, for years actually. But since I joined this board on January last year, I was already growing my hair out. However, it was still too damaged so I cut it really short again.
I did make a 'one year anniversary' thread a few months ago, but I actually feel this is more my one year anniversary, since I've been growing it out since that cut for real.

Plus, I just really don't want to do the dishes :o

So here are some pictures. Yes, I don't have long hair, but my hair hasn't been this long for.. maybe 4 years or so?? And I don't think I'd ever make it without you guys!! (A special shoutout to the SuperShorties!) This board has been such an enormous help, not only with products and haircare tips, but the support is also amazing :flower:

Anyway, on to the pictures..

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/lhc0.jpg

Last year!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/lhc1.jpg

(it's not that dark though, but more copper! But the lightning was from the back so.. a bit weird. I also have straggly ends at the front still.. I just did a microtrim myself though!)

But I did finally achieved my goal: chin length!! Obviously, being infected with the LHC virus, I now feel my hair is way too short still... next goal? Shoulder length!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/braidedupdo.jpg

And last week I discovered I could finally do some sort of fake crownbraid without the 'mullet' hanging loose! It does look messy haha, but at least my neck is free. I used to braid it and then let it loose at the back, but now it's getting too long for that! It would look like a mullet from the 80's or something D: Yay for bobby pin art..

Soooo enough picturewhoring for now haha. I promise to not post earlier than 6 months later ;) I'm just really happy with my hair right now and I'm quite proud that I got through that awkward stage, that was an absolute nightmare!! I took a picture of my hair every month, for those who are bored can take a look here: http://myboringhair.tumblr.com/tagged/monthly+picture/ for the nice awkward stages haha!

That's it! I end my rant ;) Off to do the dishes...

Every time I see these pics in the snow I am blown over by your gorgeous coloring against the stark white of the snow. And the new growth is lovely.

oktobergoud
March 27th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Thank you so much guys :flower: I honestly almost wanted to cut it off last week, but thanks to you that feeling is gone :D

Slug Yoga
March 27th, 2012, 02:04 PM
So cute! I agree, your color is amazing. And I also agree that growing out from like, pixie to shoulder is probably the most "awkward" phase in terms of layers. I grew my hair out from a pixie too, it was probably around your length when I joined LHC (at tailbone now!). I think I trimmed my hair like, once on the way from pixie to shoulder, so I had a lot more layer awkwardness going on. :D

I'm also really impressed at how much braiding you can do with your hair that short! I don't think I've ever been able to crown-braid.

PandaBlossom
March 28th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the beautiful photos! Your hair really has grown a lot and it looks wonderful. I really love the snowy picture. You have such pretty eyes.