PDA

View Full Version : Article on longer hair and older women

turtlelover
March 21st, 2012, 11:57 AM
I just stumbled across an article on older women and long hair that you might want to read and comment on:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/21/long-hair-knows-no-age-limits_n_1345952.html?ref=mostpopular

Amanah
March 21st, 2012, 12:06 PM
this is my inspiration for being an older woman with long hair

http://modelmode.wordpress.com/2008/04/05/cindy-joseph-starts-modeling-career-with-gray-hair-at-48/

melusine963
March 21st, 2012, 12:37 PM
With the exception of Vera Wang, none of these women have what I'd call 'long' hair. Being on the LHC has spoiled me. And seeing Jane Seymour with such (relatively) short hair makes me sad.

Amber_Maiden
March 21st, 2012, 12:42 PM
With the exception of Vera Wang, none of these women have what I'd call 'long' hair. Being on the LHC has spoiled me. And seeing Jane Seymour with such (relatively) short hair makes me sad.

Vera Wang has gorgeous hair, and is just so beautiful in general!:)

nellreno
March 21st, 2012, 01:13 PM
It is good to see an article that doesn't spout the usual nonsense of "all women over a certain age must have their hair cut short". It should be up to the individual, not society.

CarpeDM
March 21st, 2012, 01:21 PM
What a great thread! Lots of inspiration, thanks!

Nedertane
March 21st, 2012, 04:36 PM
Awesome article!

Yame
March 21st, 2012, 05:07 PM
I wouldn't consider most of those women's hair long, and I wouldn't consider most of these women old!

spidermom
March 21st, 2012, 05:18 PM
I think that older women are too old to listen to people tell them how they ought to wear their hair.

darklion
March 21st, 2012, 05:26 PM
what a great article. It stresses many of the things that LHC stresses for hair care.... don't abuse it in the first place!!
As far as the pics of long haired women.... you ladies are right.... their hair, for the most part, wasn't very long. I guess if you are APL or longer... you are a long hair.

Nedertane
March 21st, 2012, 05:43 PM
what a great article. It stresses many of the things that LHC stresses for hair care.... don't abuse it in the first place!!
As far as the pics of long haired women.... you ladies are right.... their hair, for the most part, wasn't very long. I guess if you are APL or longer... you are a long hair.

Well, bear in mind that that's longer than what older women are "suggested" to have (bob or shorter, typically).

turtlelover
March 21st, 2012, 06:03 PM
I think there is some truth to the fact that a lot of people have thinner hair when they are older, so extreme lengths might not work for them, but something like APL or BSL will still give the illusion of thicker hair. I would consider most of the hair in the pictures longer than norm for the age bracket.

dulce
March 21st, 2012, 06:08 PM
In society nowadays, shoulder length and below is considered long,a very different standard than on this forum.

GlennaGirl
March 21st, 2012, 06:29 PM
I think that older women are too old to listen to people tell them how they ought to wear their hair.

That's right! I plead deafness. :p Older women unite!

GlennaGirl
March 21st, 2012, 06:30 PM
Holy wow, Vera Wang's hair is gorgeous. :inlove:

PixxieStix
March 21st, 2012, 06:38 PM
Fascinating, but while I was going through the pictures all I could think was "Well, where is this long hair they were talking about?!" Vera Wang seemed to be the only one who *actually* had long hair, even given my pre- LHC definition!

Allychan
March 21st, 2012, 06:53 PM
This just blows the sterotyping out of the water. Older ladies can actually look younger with their long hair. My mums hair is white (that's her natural shade of grey), and has now grown hers to just below her shoulders, she looks amazing.
I'm going to let her know she'd be considered a greybe (grey+babe), from the comments post about the older model with grey hair)

turtlelover
March 21st, 2012, 07:30 PM
Well, I am calling my hair "long" when it hits APL. So there!!!!
:cheese:

bumblebums
March 21st, 2012, 08:01 PM
Most of the advice is surprisingly sensible (minus the extensions, I'd say). And I agree that most of the women they featured do not have what I'd call "long hair".