PDA

View Full Version : I would like some help!

summerstarlet
March 20th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Hi everyone!
I am in a little bit of a predicament right now. I'm bored with my hair. Not the length but with the color. I used to dye my hair for about 3 years starting when I was 14 but I stopped dying my hair back in August. It's been about 8 months that I've gone without coloring my hair and I've chopped the worst of the damage off but I've only got about 4 inches of roots. What I want to know is, if I use semi permanent or temporary dye, will it give me an even color all over or will it be lighter towards the roots (virgin)? I don't want to go through the whole ordeal of dying my hair with permanent dye, I want it to come out and leave my hair feeling somewhat healthy. I appreciate any and all advice! Thank you so much! :D

lapushka
March 20th, 2012, 05:49 PM
It's been about 8 months that I've gone without coloring my hair and I've chopped the worst of the damage off but I've only got about 4 inches of roots. What I want to know is, if I use semi permanent or temporary dye, will it give me an even color all over or will it be lighter towards the roots (virgin)?

Depends on your hair color and depends on what hair color you choose. If, for example, you pick hair color the color of your length, then it will cover the roots, provided those roots are lighter than your length. If your roots are darker than your length, you might want to pick hair color the color of your roots.

swearnsue
March 20th, 2012, 06:08 PM
For healthy hair, how about henna? Or a mixture of cassia and henna. If you like darker hair you can try indigo. Just a thought. In your pic your hair looks dark and I would hate to see you use dark hair dye because of the chemicals that could be harmful and or cause allergic reactions. Keep us posted on what you decide and take hair pics too!

summerstarlet
March 20th, 2012, 06:08 PM
My hair is naturally a strange brown/blonde color that changes with the light. I want to dye it a reddish color like burgundy but I don't want it to be impossible to take out either. I want to be able to dye my hair a plethora of different (natural) colors without having to worry about damaging my hair into oblivion.

summerstarlet
March 20th, 2012, 06:12 PM
For healthy hair, how about henna? Or a mixture of cassia and henna. If you like darker hair you can try indigo. Just a thought. In your pic your hair looks dark and I would hate to see you use dark hair dye because of the chemicals that could be harmful and or cause allergic reactions. Keep us posted on what you decide and take hair pics too!

The thing about henna is it's VERY permanent. I'm not willing to commit to something so final even though I would love to! :D I think the colors are gorgeous but they don't come out. The color in my picture is actually from when my hair was dyed 2 years ago. My light hair doesn't look good with my skin tone and I look much better with dark colors. I want to use the semi permanent dye from Sally's and choose my own developer as to prevent unnecessary damage. I still want to grow my hair to my waist but it's been boring having two tone hair!

bumblebums
March 20th, 2012, 06:16 PM
My hair is naturally a strange brown/blonde color that changes with the light. I want to dye it a reddish color like burgundy but I don't want it to be impossible to take out either. I want to be able to dye my hair a plethora of different (natural) colors without having to worry about damaging my hair into oblivion.

Try Manic Panic or another veggie dye. They wash out. I've used Manic Panic myself in the past with good results, but it was on bleached hair so I cannot speak to how healthy it was. I've seen threads with nice pics here, though, of non-bleached hair dyed with Manic Panic or something like that.

bumblebums
March 20th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I want to use the semi permanent dye from Sally's and choose my own developer as to prevent unnecessary damage.

Oh, on that: *dark* semi-permanent dyes are basically permanent, at least on my hair. There is no easy or non-damaging way of getting them out of your hair. So I'd stay away from those.