PDA

View Full Version : Laquer and hairsticks?

unknown
March 20th, 2012, 03:29 PM
My third haircomb broke today, so I'm left with my bamboo hairsticks. :o
I always bun my hair when it's damp as it is unmanageable otherwise...Is there any way I can make my hairsticks water resistant? Would laquer be enough?

unknown
March 22nd, 2012, 03:54 AM
Anyone there? :P

didrash
March 22nd, 2012, 04:02 AM
Transparent nail polish should do it. The best option however is to use transparent acrylic-based laquer - they are sold everywhere art supplies are sold. It takes a while to dry, depending on the brand, and you may need to apply more than one coat, but it is non-toxic and once it dries, pretty water resistant.

Amber_Maiden
March 22nd, 2012, 07:05 AM
Transparent nail polish should do it. The best option however is to use transparent acrylic-based laquer - they are sold everywhere art supplies are sold. It takes a while to dry, depending on the brand, and you may need to apply more than one coat, but it is non-toxic and once it dries, pretty water resistant.

This!

And also, for the future- I notice we both have iii hair, which is coarse. I find that if I'm gentle with my hair sticks, they won't break. I haven't broken a hair stick yet! It might also be wise to look into getting hair sticks which are thicker.

unknown
March 24th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Thanks to both of you! And I'll definitely stay away from plastic combs/sticks from now on. :p