PDA

View Full Version : Tangled Underside

christiner
March 20th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I have very straight, fine hair. Once it got ~6 inches below my collarbones, i noticed that the back underside would get super tangled from just rubbing on my clothes. I have been sporting a braid because i feel like i'm damaging it from trying to comb out the tangles all the time.

Do any of you have solutions for the underside rats nest?

Cowgirl16
March 20th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I have been having this problem lately with all my new hairs being about shoulder length.
Do you us a detangling spray? I use it after showers and when my hair is real tangled. Also I split my hair at the nape and comb the two sides separate; that seems to help.
Good Luck!

christiner
March 20th, 2012, 10:03 AM
i use an olive oil lotion on the lower half:

http://www.target.com/p/Organic-Root-Stimulator-Oil-Moisturizing-Hair-Lotion-8-5-fl-oz/-/A-13044188?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=%7C13044188&CPNG=health%20beauty&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=13044188

but it still doesn't help prevent tangles.

Anje
March 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Honestly, it's a common problem, and you've hit on the usual solution, which is to just wear your hair in a way where it won't tangle. And then fewer tangles means the hair grows longer and nicer without breaking. Some people prefer to wear smooth-textured shirts that won't encourage tangles as much on days they wear their hair down, which might help you.

If your under layer is curlier than the rest of your hair, I understand that some people have luck braiding that curlier section and leaving the rest of the hair loose over the top, so the braid isn't noticeable. That controls the part that's predisposed to tangling, but if it's all inclined to tangle, that method won't help much.

Do be aware that hair that needs some conditioning and hair that has bad buildup are both more tangly, too.

turtlelover
March 20th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I know some people have problems w/ cones, but if you don't, I would try using a lot of leave in conditioner on the underside of your hair to see if that helps.