PDA

View Full Version : I love it when humidity returns

styric
March 19th, 2012, 11:04 PM
It's been insanely dry lately and my hair has been unhappy with it. Today the humidity was over 70% and I walked in from the rain with damp (not wet hair) and this mop:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=10029&pictureid=129156

skyblue
March 20th, 2012, 04:04 AM
looks great!! I agree humidity is a good thing!!

ktani
March 20th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Your hair does look great!

When it is really humid here, I always get concerned that my hair will start to frizz. It has not done that for a long time now, with catnip use. It has not so far with mineral oil/baby oil use either, which still amazes and thrills me.

Spring and summer humidity, bring it on, lol.

bumblebums
March 20th, 2012, 07:35 AM
I used to hate humidity, but that was back when I tried to fight with my hair. Now I love it!

Othala
March 20th, 2012, 07:36 AM
I love humidity too, for hair and skin.

GuardGirl
March 20th, 2012, 07:59 AM
It might just be a southern thing, but I always heard growing up that women age slower in the South because of the humidity... Apparently the moisture keeps skin supple longer, takes longer to wrinkle, etc. If it's good for skin, I imagine it's better for hair than most people give it credit! :)

ktani
March 20th, 2012, 08:02 AM
It makes my hair fuller as a rule. Without frizz that is glorious for hair as thin (less of it) as mine.

I have heard it said that English women (British) have great complextions because of the humidity there too.

redsoles
March 20th, 2012, 08:29 AM
great for hair growth

long&blonde
March 20th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks to all of you for this "Humidity is a good thing" Reminder.
I am not a fan of heat at all, prefer a 40 degree gray sky day: BUT you Have reminded me: my hair is.
I can remember countless times, my hair drip drying from sweat, i'd disgustedly look in mirror to see, yinz are totally right: it'd look Awesome.

long&blonde
March 20th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks to all of you for this "Humidity is a good thing" Reminder.
I am not a fan of heat at all, prefer a 40 degree gray sky day: BUT you Have reminded me: my hair is.
I can remember countless times, my hair drip drying from sweat, i'd disgustedly look in mirror to see, yinz are totally right: it'd look Awesome.

ludwig20
March 20th, 2012, 09:31 AM

I also prefer grey, cool, windy days. But my hair is tired of dry weather, and humidity feels great for my skin and hair.

Hollyfire3
March 20th, 2012, 10:42 AM
It makes my hair fuller as a rule. Without frizz that is glorious for hair as thin (less of it) as mine.

I have heard it said that English women (British) have great complextions because of the humidity there too.

I have never heard of humidity making skin better, intresting, and it DOES make sense.

Hollyfire3
March 20th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I used to HATE humidity when i was striaghtening daily, it made me have to straighten 2-3 times a day, daily. But NOW, i LOVE it, it makes my hair curlier and all around happier!:D

styric
March 20th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Our humidity bounces around so badly that I can walk out in the morning with my hair in loose 2b waves, go shopping with friends, and come back with full 3a curls and ringlets... I ALWAYS get asked if I got a perm. My canopy is a bit damaged so doesn't curl as well, but when I do a half up style, I get the full effect as it was finger combed in that pic and STILL doing its best to ringlet

The only thing I don't like is wind tangles!

SchnauzerMom
March 20th, 2012, 11:40 AM
In dry weather my hair gets very straight. I love what humidity does to it. It plumps it up and I look like I have more and it gets wavy. I love your curls.

JaimeH
March 20th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I live in Texas where the humidity is high on almost a daily basis. BUT - if it helps me age slower and my hair grow more quickly, I'm all for it! lol

dwell_in_safety
March 20th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I love humidity. :D My hair has had a tendency to frizz in the past, but with such a radically different routine than what was previously practiced, I'm excited not only because I will get to see (hopefully) wonderful changes in summer quality, but because traditionally in the summer my ends have always looked significantly less parched even with a worse routine.

Macaroni
March 20th, 2012, 03:02 PM
My hair loves humidity. Sometimes in winter, between co washes, it feels a little dry so I'll mist it with distilled water. It seems to plump up the strands somehow.

heidi w.
March 20th, 2012, 03:06 PM
You may just be about the only one who appreciates humidity. I for two, despise the humidity. It doesn't really affect my hair, although when I was in Florida one tempestuous August, I could not use a lot of oil on my hair. After a day of shooting this video, I would have to wash my hair and start all over again. It was a fun project, but man o man, I hated the humidity.

I about fainted the first time I encountered humidity.

In Silicon Valley there's very little noticeable humidity. And that was my reality for a very long time.

heidi w.

Chamomile betty
March 20th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Pretty!
I was just saying this morning I am glad humidity came back. My updos have been so nice and full. Humidity makes my waves/curls happy.

misspriss
March 20th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with humidity. In Arkansas, there is scarcely a few days with low humidity it seems like. But my hair and skin get dry in heated/cooled air (dehumidified), so I guess they prefer it. But you sweat so much in the humidity...it sucks.

HappyHair87
March 20th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Here in Florida we have all the humidity you can ever want!:lol:

I LOVE it! It makes my hair and skin sooo soft and moist...in the fall/winter the air gets drier and it wreaks havoc on both my skin and hair....omg, its awful!

I'm a native here and i just cannot imagine living anywhere else...i love our climate here.

Firefly
March 20th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Humidity does not play well with my hair. Even though I'm embracing my waves these days, in humid weather my hair just looks frizzy-- there's no getting around it. I'm on the coast of New England, so even though it's really only the summer I have to worry about... when it's bad, it's BAD. I envy those of you who love the humidity!

katsrevenge
March 20th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Oh yes... it's back... and no the frizz and fly aways have become epic.