PDA

View Full Version : Cw, Acv, C?

SoulOfTheSea
March 19th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Hello all,

Has anyone had any sucess with this kind of clarifying treatment? You just CWC, but except after the W you do an ACV rinse, rinse that out, and then condition with a richer conditioner. I would like to do this when I feel like I need to clarify but without the harshness of a full blown clarifying shampoo. Thanks for reading! :D

sfgirl
March 19th, 2012, 09:21 PM
My everyday routine is CWC, than ACV, and it works wonderful. I don't view it as clarifying though. Just what works. :)
I use CV bars and v05 is anyone is wondering.

PrairieRose
March 19th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I recently did a version of CWC...OWC then I did an ACV. Seemed to work well.

SoulOfTheSea
March 19th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Also, I know all about typical ACV treatments and such, for I use them. I was just wondering that maybe an ACV after the shampooing would make the hair more open to absorb the conditioner better.

SoulOfTheSea
March 20th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Well I just tried it this morning in the shower, I will post later for results!

heidi w.
March 20th, 2012, 10:56 AM
My everyday routine is CWC, than ACV, and it works wonderful. I don't view it as clarifying though. Just what works. :)
I use CV bars and v05 is anyone is wondering.

Lots and lots of people apply their AVC or white distilled vinegar rinse prior to applying conditioner in the hair, and that is their regular routine when washing the hair. They don't label ACV as clarifying. There are real valid reasons why ACV is not a clarier. Once stuff has dried on to the hair, typically, ACV will not remove it once it's dried on the hair. It only removes what's left residually on the hair in that specific hair wash. Once dried, ACV no longer works to remove it off of the hair.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 20th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Also, I know all about typical ACV treatments and such, for I use them. I was just wondering that maybe an ACV after the shampooing would make the hair more open to absorb the conditioner better.

Not necessarily. It's more that the warmth of the water allows for better uptake of conditioner since conditioner is designed to "bond" with the cortex, the inner structure of hair.

heidi w.

SoulOfTheSea
March 20th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Lots and lots of people apply their AVC or white distilled vinegar rinse prior to applying conditioner in the hair, and that is their regular routine when washing the hair. They don't label ACV as clarifying. There are real valid reasons why ACV is not a clarier. Once stuff has dried on to the hair, typically, ACV will not remove it once it's dried on the hair. It only removes what's left residually on the hair in that specific hair wash. Once dried, ACV no longer works to remove it off of the hair.

heidi w.

Thanks for the clarifying! (Ha, pun! :))

My hair is dry now, and it definitely has it's shine back, I think it's just my S&C that are giving me my dry hair issues. Will definitely have to keep up on the ACV rinses.