PDA

View Full Version : Are there any APL-BSL hairstick styles??

AnimaSola3o4
March 18th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I'm asking for a friend, and if there is already a thread like this please move this one. :) I didn't have any good luck with the search function.

I don't recall if I used a stick for my hair when it was that length. But my hair is thick so it would have needed more length than other people's shorter hair to pull off some updos.

jessa
March 18th, 2012, 11:05 PM
my hair is just at bsl with shorter layers... shortest at apl.. i just went to youtube and typed in bsl hair styles and some great vids come up. sorry i couldnt be much more help but this helped me when i wondered the same thing.

Freckled.Thing
March 18th, 2012, 11:58 PM
When I joined LHC my hair was at BSL and I could do a cinnabun, nautilus bun, gibralter bun, split bun, and lazy wrap bun. My hair is relatively fine/thin so if she also has thick hair it might be different for her. Hope that helps! :cheese:

bubblyredhead
March 19th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I still can't do half of those buns and I am an inch or so away form waist :-( I could put my tick about half way and then fold my hair and twist it together till it forms a bunish and then stab it BUT it would fall out within a few minutes.

skaempfer
March 19th, 2012, 01:32 AM
I could do a chop stick bun and a lazy wrap bun after shoulder; my hair isn't too thick, though.

kidari
March 19th, 2012, 01:52 AM
pencil bun should work

Of the Fae
March 19th, 2012, 03:37 AM
I'm between APL and BSL and I managed to do a hairstick bun, but it usually gets a little loose by the end of the day. With braids however, and one or two bobby pins to aid, it will stay in place a lot better :)

Good luck to your friend :)

skraprchik
March 19th, 2012, 05:14 AM
I can do a peacock twist (or tails up) at just past shoulder on straightened hair with 1 hairstick. I can almost manage a cinnabun, but only with hairpins right now.

door72067
March 19th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I use hairsticks all the time at just hitting BSL length

I do the Chinese (not braided--yet), a cinnabun and another one that is somewhat like a lazy wrap bun, but I have since found out I am doing a lazy wrap "wrong" (but my hair holds, so I don't care what it's called)

I do find a 5-6" stick is best...I have some that are 7"+ and they feel too big just yet

MinderMutsig
March 19th, 2012, 08:04 AM
The first things I could do with sticks were twists. The peacock twist, the French twist and a lot of variations of those. The first bun I was able to do was the Lazy Wrap Bun. I could do that one long before I could do the cinnamon bun because my hair just wasn't capable of going in a full circle yet but you don't need that for the LWB. If you do it around two fingers that are spaced very close together and you make it fairly tight you can do a LWB when your hair can make just a little over half a circle.

I did need two hair sticks and some hairpins at first to get it to stay but hey, it was a bun!