PDA

View Full Version : Yayy!!!! I've finally reached BCL!!!!

Yame
March 18th, 2012, 09:25 PM
So, after about 9 months on LHC trying to grow my hair from hip to tailbone or classic, I've finally reached my mini-goal of BCL!

I started out using microtrims and tracking my progress with pictures, but quickly grew frustrated with my lack of progress.

I then decided to follow the advice of a few members here and stop trimming and tracking my growth altogether. No more trims, no more progress pics.

Now, I am not all that happy with the condition of my hair without regular trims, but once it's a little bit past my goal I will go back to trimming until the ends look nice, before deciding whether or not to grow more.

I am not going to take a picture because that will only make me frustrated with the condition of my ends, but here is the video that made me realize that my hair has grown:

http://youtu.be/KF1cFPW789w

Then I felt it with my hands, and realized I am definitely, undoubtedly at BCL!

Edit: fixed the time I said I'd been on LHC. Not half a year, but 9 months... wow, time flies!

holothuroidea
March 18th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Woooowwwww that was so full of feminine power I almost felt like a dude for a second. :laugh:

The dance was beautiful and so is your hair! Keep up the good work. :D

novemberfoxtrot
March 18th, 2012, 09:45 PM
wow!! that was awesome! and your hair looks very pretty and shiny to boot!

Silverbrumby
March 18th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Amazing. The hair and the dance. You are one beautiful raqs sharqi dancer. A friend of mine dances, you might know her as she teaches a lot, Mira Betz.

Yame
March 18th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks, ladies!!!

Yes I know of Mira Betz, she is a very famous and amazing dancer!

HappyHair87
March 18th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Get it girl! That was amazing!:D

gthlvrmx
March 18th, 2012, 09:52 PM
You are one amazing dancer! O.O Im so amazed!
Congrats on the hair growth! :D

amantha
March 18th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Wow, you're a fantastic dancer! You and your hair look very pretty. Congrats on reaching your mini goal! :)

RapunzelKat
March 18th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Wow, your hair and your dancing are both awesome! :D
Congrats on reaching BCL! :happydance:

cwarren
March 18th, 2012, 10:14 PM
All I can say is WOW! Talk about talent! Not to mention your beautiful hair :)

SoulOfTheSea
March 18th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Amazing dancing! :thud: It has such a mystique quality to it, and your hair is gorgeously long and shiny! Congratulations! :flower:

boudica
March 18th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Fantastic! Your hair and body are both so supple! I must feel so good to do that! You look amazing!

BlazingHeart
March 19th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Congrats!

I'm about 3" from my first ends reaching BCL. So close, and yet so far, because I've got about 8" that need to come off. *sigh* I probably won't take anything off until this summer, so I'll probably reach BCL before I trim back.

Yame
March 19th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I'm about 3" from my first ends reaching BCL. So close, and yet so far, because I've got about 8" that need to come off. *sigh* I probably won't take anything off until this summer, so I'll probably reach BCL before I trim back.

I can relate. I feel like I'd need to cut off about 6'' from my hair for it to be perfect. This is why I'm not even bothering with microtrims anymore, they aren't making a difference and my splits aren't at the hemline, anyway. I'd rather just grow my hair past my goal and then go back to trimming...

Sadie
March 19th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Wow you're amazing! I would love to have hair like yours and to learn how to belly dance!

Grillz
March 19th, 2012, 07:39 AM
That was mesmerizing! Beautiful all around :)

Avital88
March 19th, 2012, 08:18 AM
you are a great dancer and i love your light skintone!!
And for the hair,it looks stunning,so shiny and straight

vintage88
March 19th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Stunning hair and you are an amazing dancer :)

einna
March 19th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Beautiful! You, the dance and off course the hair. The way it moved when you danced.. Wow. :D

racrane
March 19th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Gorgeous dancer! I always envy such graceful dancing. :)

And your hair is absolutely beautiful, too. Lovely.

Sewas
March 19th, 2012, 12:16 PM
You are so beautiful. Your hair and dance is just awesome.

Knotted
March 19th, 2012, 04:44 PM
You are a beautiful dancer (and have gorgeous hair, too)! It made me want to learn how to do that!

Yame
March 19th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Thank you guys!

And to all you who say you want to learn: you should!

Hollyfire3
March 19th, 2012, 05:42 PM
WONDERFUL dancing, and all that BEAUTIFUL hair, stunning combo, congrat!:D How could you say your NOT happy with the condition of you hair, it is GORGEOUS!

Yame
March 19th, 2012, 05:49 PM
WONDERFUL dancing, and all that BEAUTIFUL hair, stunning combo, congrat!:D How could you say your NOT happy with the condition of you hair, it is GORGEOUS!

It looks nice in this video but in other videos it doesn't look as nice and I don't think it looks very good in person. If you could see the ends up close you'd know what I'm talking about, so just trust me on this one ;)

Hollyfire3
March 19th, 2012, 05:53 PM
It looks nice in this video but in other videos it doesn't look as nice and I don't think it looks very good in person. If you could see the ends up close you'd know what I'm talking about, so just trust me on this one ;)

I know its a cliche, but its true, we are always so harsh on ourselves when there is no reason to be. I understand fully what you mean though, my whole family will testify that i have some of the thickest hair they know of, and i will STILL say my hair is damaged and too thin! So, don't be so harsh on yourself, it may not be PERFECT in the mirror, but only you know that, keep working at it, one, day, it may (no, it WILL)be perfect to you as well (i live by this, i have to, because i am a control freak perfectionist and obessive, it helps to think maybe one day, things will be perfect, and it is true), although i think it already looks that way to me!

Tia2010
March 19th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Your hair is beautiful!! And your dance was amazing!!!