PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Vacation Hair Care Question

starrydawn
March 18th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Hello everyone! I am leaving for a week long Caribbean cruise in 2 weeks and I will be spending a lot of time in the ocean as well as the harsh sun. I was wondering what things I should take with me in order to keep it from getting too damaged. I need to be able to carry them in small sizes due to airline/space restrictions. Also, I want to try to avoid things that would attract fish to want to eat my hair haha. Any ideas are appreciated! :D

Nedertane
March 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM
First and foremost, a sun hat, to protect your hair, scalp and skin in general. I don't know what your skin tone/tanning ability might be like, but Caribbean sun is strong, so best to avoid sun damage as much as possible.

ETA: Though I recommend a large hat (for fashion and function :D) you might be okay to go with something smaller, if you're worried about it fitting in your bag.

truepeacenik
March 18th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I recently returned from Jamaica.
Every third woman did braiding. Before any negotiation, I heard the number $35 for a whole head.
I let mine down and said, really? And she smiled and said, really!

I didn't get it done....but I should have.

Do know that one of he sales techniques is to start playing with your hair, complimenting it and then pitch the braids.

If I had braided mine, I could have used an oil and nothing more until I got back.

As it was, I took a shampoo bar, and lush, no less, despite my many disses of the company. I also had conditioner bar samples, about the size of bagged Reese's cups.
And a light oil.
I went for 10 days with one carry on, so everything was 3.5 oz or less.