PDA

View Full Version : Oyin

HappyHair87
March 18th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I LOVE their products SO much!:cheese: Just felt like sharing.

I am a stan for the Honey Hemp ( i just bought a liter) and the Hair Dew. They all smell AWESOME and the conditioners are VERY moisturizing...even though the line is geared toward Afro-textured hair...i'm pretty sure ppl of all colors can use them:agree:

The HH smells like a Dreamsicle!

I have also tried some of the Juices, the Burnt Sugar Pomade(smells like pancakes!)

It's just an awesome line....my hair feels SUPER moisturized and soft right now! It smells edible...i love foody scents!:p

rock007junkie
March 18th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I love the juices and berries and really liked the burnt sugar pomade. I have't tried any of the conditioners yet but I keep hearing awesome things about them.

HappyHair87
March 18th, 2012, 02:02 PM
^^OMG!! Plz try the Honey hemp conditioner! Its multipurpose....i used it to detangle and deep condition my hair yesterday...i let it sit for 15 minutes and when i went to rinse...my hair felt like butter...literally...i LOVE it!

Sillage
March 18th, 2012, 02:15 PM
The HH smells like a Dreamsicle!

Aww darn. I was hoping that it would smell like honey . Still Dreamsicles are pretty good. :D Would you say the HH is more moisturizing than the HD?

HappyHair87
March 18th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Aww darn. I was hoping that it would smell like honey . Still Dreamsicles are pretty good. :D Would you say the HH is more moisturizing than the HD?

^^That's a tuffy...hmmm....

Hair Dew is more of a "lotion"(think: body lotion type of consistency)...so it's a little thinner than the HH...its a severely moisturizing leave in. While the HH is a genuine conditioner..it works a lot like AOHSR...but smells waaaay more delicious!....it kinda has the consistency of GFTN.

ETA: Their "Original Honey" scented Honey Wash does smell like honey tho:) It's a castille-soap based multipurpose hair and body wash. A lot of their stuff is multipurpose:agree:

Sillage
March 18th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Sounds great! Looks like I'll have to try both, LOL

HappyHair87
March 18th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Sounds great! Looks like I'll have to try both, LOL

Lol!! I hope you like them! They're my favorite hair products EVER! SO moisturizing...especially if you find your hair is always dry.

Honeyfall
March 18th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, I was just looking for a new conditioner to try! :D

Helix
March 18th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Product Pusher! I see you...trying to awaken my inner PJ :p

HappyHair87
March 18th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Product Pusher! I see you...trying to awaken my inner PJ :p

Please ma'am...i mean no harm!!!:lol: lol!

I just HAD to treat myself to some tho...i hadn't ordered from them in a while since i was on a quest to find things on the ground that worked well for my hair (and i have)...but NOTHING and i mean...NOTHING......compares to Oyin Honey Hemp!

And the Hair Dew is perfect to use under the curl cream that i use to style:agree:

Buuuuutttt....ya know ya wanna order somethin!:D:laugh:

Honeyfall
April 19th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Just wanted to post an update, since I ordered some of the HH after reading this thread.

I really love the product! It smells so yummy and moisturizes like a dream. I find it's a tiny bit heavy for everyday use sometimes; my hair is the type that doesn't absorb oils quickly and gets greasy if you so much as look at it the wrong way, but my ends are a bit damaged/dry and need extra care. So it is absolutely my go-to product for deep treatments or leave-in conditioning now.

Plus I love the company, they're very helpful and my order arrived about five minutes after I placed it.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this product, but I would say that if your hair is very fine or oily you might find it a bit heavy. Thanks again to HappyHair87 for recommending it. ;)

spookyghost
April 20th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I never heard of this product. Im going to have to check into it. I have been told I have fine hair but alot of it. Its damaged because I honestly did not know there was more to getting healthy hair than just a good shampoo and conditoner!:lol: Plus I have bleach highlights so my hair is on the dry side too. Do you think it would be good for my hair?

lacefrost
April 20th, 2012, 05:16 PM
snip

Plus I love the company, they're very helpful and my order arrived about five minutes after I placed it.

snip

How is this possible? What magical secrets do you possess? Please bestow them upon me!

HappyHair87
April 20th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Just wanted to post an update, since I ordered some of the HH after reading this thread.

I really love the product! It smells so yummy and moisturizes like a dream. I find it's a tiny bit heavy for everyday use sometimes; my hair is the type that doesn't absorb oils quickly and gets greasy if you so much as look at it the wrong way, but my ends are a bit damaged/dry and need extra care. So it is absolutely my go-to product for deep treatments or leave-in conditioning now.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this product, but I would say that if your hair is very fine or oily you might find it a bit heavy. Thanks again to HappyHair87 for recommending it. ;)

Awwww:) You're welcome!

How is this possible? What magical secrets do you possess? Please bestow them upon me!

:laugh: They have gotten a lot better with shipping lately tho...i remember it used to take a few weeks but i get mine about 5 days after i place an order:agree:

Honeyfall
April 20th, 2012, 07:18 PM
I never heard of this product. Im going to have to check into it. I have been told I have fine hair but alot of it. Its damaged because I honestly did not know there was more to getting healthy hair than just a good shampoo and conditoner!:lol: Plus I have bleach highlights so my hair is on the dry side too. Do you think it would be good for my hair?

I'd say yes, it has worked for me at least. The company sells travel-size bottles, which might be handy for experimenting with it. It makes my highlighted ends nice and soft.

Hehe, it looks like part of it is location. They ship from Baltimore and I live outside of Philly, so it didn't have too far to travel. But it literally arrived the day after I placed the order, I was really impressed!

NJoy
April 20th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Enablers!!!

Excuse me while I go to place my order. :run:

NJoy
April 20th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Site's down. Ah well. :shrug: