PDA

View Full Version : uneven growth?

renarok
July 23rd, 2008, 08:05 AM
I have noticed that the hair on the left side of my head grows faster than the right. I thought maybe it was breakage, but I really don't have that much breakage or damage. I examined the outgrowth of my last color and it is about a 1/4" longer on the left. So it isn't my imagination. As an aside I also have a fingernail that doesn't grow much.

So my question is am I a freak? Surely there are others who notice more growth on one side than the other.

Shanarana
July 23rd, 2008, 08:07 AM
I do notice more growth on one side more than the other. It is not noticeable as I have layers and they just blend in, but I notice. I guess for me it's the layers that grow at different rates.

kate46
July 23rd, 2008, 08:08 AM
No you are not a freak, although overall I have fine/thin hair, the hair on the left side grows in thicker, I have no idea why :confused:

FrannyG
July 23rd, 2008, 08:12 AM
No, you are most certainly not a freak. It seems to me that every hair on my head grows at a different rate. Being a 1a it's really obvious.

Some people here notice that the hair on the top of the head grows faster than the sides and back, or vice versa. I've seen many people mention that their hair grows differently on one side or another.

For me, it seems to be in strange patches that I have very rapid growth. It's not on one side or another.

spidermom
July 23rd, 2008, 08:38 AM
Like FrannyG I get uneven twigs of growth all around my hem. In addition, the right side seems to grow faster than the left.

<She>
July 23rd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Me too, the left side of my hair grows slower than the right... or maybe the right half grows faster than the left, because also the nails on my right hand grow very faster then those on the left. I do not know, but I can speculate that maybe it has something to do with the difference between the right and left hemisphere of the brain?

Exodus
July 23rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
The hair on..hm.. left side? of my head is definitely growing faster, or rather, the right side is growing slower, let's put it that way. It's very noticable since I'm growing out henna, so I can compare the roots. I think I also noticed once when I had a quite straight hemline and hadn't trimmed my hair for a long time, that the hemline had become uneven.

DarkChocolate
July 23rd, 2008, 03:04 PM
My hair grows quite unevenly.
There are a few bunches that grow like wildfire but the others aren't so fast so as a result my hair looks thinner at the ends.

Alaskanheart
July 23rd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Hmmm maybe Im the freak, because I havent noticed my hair growing faster on one side more than the other.My bangs grow slower than the rest of my hair but each side groes pretty evenly.It is possible Im just oblivious.

starla_zero
July 23rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
This has allllways been the case with my hair, nobody else I know has noticed it with theirs though, so I'm glad you guys have haha.

renarok
July 24th, 2008, 08:20 AM
I feel so much better now. :) I 'm glad there are more freaks like me. I wonder if I didn't ever trim how uneven it would get over a couple of years? Not that I am going to experiment. I get all irritated when I notice a half inch difference.