PDA

View Full Version : Braids and Curlies?

coastalnicole
March 17th, 2012, 05:13 PM
My definite go-to style is a braid, especially french braids...I was wondering if any other curlies out there are the same way. I've found that I don't even have to use an elastic at the end of the braid...I can literally french braid my hair and it will stay that way until I intentionally take it out. It's been my observation that most women who experiment with braids that I've personally seen tend to have straight or wavy hair...I can't possibly be the only one out there!

dulce
March 17th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I have waist curly hair and do a single braid down my back ,especially on windy days.You can see them in my hair album which is public.I can only do a regular or french braid,the others are too complicated for klutzy me!

MoonLover
March 17th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I have to keep my hair in a braid or two most of the time because of tangles. Even at night on top of my satin pillowcase I keep my hair in a braid on top of my head.

ylime
March 18th, 2012, 02:40 AM
i can testify to this!

always have hair in a single (or sometimes double) english braids

only recently taught myself how to dutch braid too, so now i have variety :P

melusine963
March 18th, 2012, 03:45 AM
I have wavy/cury hair. How well my braid stays in without an elastic depends on how well I've braided it in the first place and what I'm doing. Generally it stays in completely while I sleep, but on a few rare occasions it unbraids itself a little.

Nera
March 18th, 2012, 06:23 AM
I used to love them! But it´s almost impossible to french/dutch braid my hair these days. I have to straighten it because it's to hard to separate the locks.

Kinkycurlygurl
March 18th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Love my braids, I'm working on a fancy four strand braid. It's not quite ready to be seen in public, but hope springs eternal. My strategy for avoiding long detangling sessions is to not let the hair get too tangled in the first place. So I keep my hair in braids and updos much of the time. When I do where it down it feels like a special occasion.

Pierre
March 18th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I nearly always keep it braided and up. If I wear it braided and down, it stays braided better if I sleep a night before letting it down.

wavykisses
March 18th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I used to love them! But itīs almost impossible to french/dutch braid my hair these days. I have to straighten it because it's to hard to separate the locks.

^This^ I can do a regular English braid on my hair but something fancier like a French or Dutch braid I can't do it, my hair starts to tangle at the bottom and it's all graby and the locks stuck together I ended up pulling and breaking my hair:rolleyes:.
Does this happen to anyone else?

lapushka
March 18th, 2012, 01:30 PM
^This^ I can do a regular English braid on my hair but something fancier like a French or Dutch braid I can't do it, my hair starts to tangle at the bottom and it's all graby and the locks stuck together I ended up pulling and breaking my hair:rolleyes:.
Does this happen to anyone else?

It will always tangle at the bottom if you don't separate out the strands all the way to the bottom every couple of turns.

wavykisses
March 18th, 2012, 01:37 PM
I try to separate them but they tangle into almost knots and I always pull lots of hairs.
I gave up on them but every once in a while I decided to try and do it again without luck :(