PDA

View Full Version : Hair Type Me?

paper
July 23rd, 2008, 06:05 AM
Ok, my hair has really got me confused. I always thought my hair was stick straight. I was looking at some old pictures of me with long hair, about 10 yrs ago, and my hair looked straight as a pin. :hmm: I think maybe my hair texture has changed??? Anyways, I took some pictures. I washed my hair, finger combed it, let it dry naturally, took pic. Combed it, and took another pic. What do you think?

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/paper1962/fingercombed.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/paper1962/combed.jpg

hippiechick1976
July 23rd, 2008, 06:45 AM
I would almost say you are 1c2a border. My hair looks similar to that at that length but I have spirals on the underside. Do you? That's why I have mine as 2a. Look through others photo journals who have similar hair types.

paper
July 23rd, 2008, 07:02 AM
No, I've never had spirals. It almost looks that way though with the fingercombed hair. Interesting. I will go look at photos, thanks.

danacc
July 26th, 2008, 11:46 PM
From the first picture which shows what your hair really wants to do, I'd say 1c or 2a. My general impression is more of "wavy" than "straight" which has me leaning toward 2a. It's hard to tell if your hair will develop the loose S-waves as it grows past this length, though.

EvaSimone
July 26th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I would say 1c/2a and then as it gets longer you can tweak your hair type because it's hard to get an exact idea of what hair type someone is until it gets a bit longer and the wave pattern becomes more apparent. When my hair was shorter I always thought it was 1b and it turned out that as I grew I became a 2a lol.

Saranne772
July 27th, 2008, 02:23 AM
1b/1c I would say

eadwine
July 27th, 2008, 03:14 AM
I still can't say, because you finger combed it ;) It is best determined by letting air dry and not manipulating at all and then taking a picture.

paper
July 28th, 2008, 07:00 AM
I still can't say, because you finger combed it ;) It is best determined by letting air dry and not manipulating at all and then taking a picture.

Thanks eadwine, I will try that and take another pic.

I can't wait to see what those waves are going to do when my hair gets longer.