PDA

View Full Version : So many hairtoys!

Nissuh
March 16th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Hello everyone :)
My birthday's coming up :cheese: and I intend to get some more hair-friendly stuff but...there's so much!
Hairsticks or forks? Should a newbie try those Ficcares? I'm looking for something that I can use for a variety of styles, (i definitely don't want people to shell out for something I won't even use).
My hair is mid back length and ii thickness, I'm also a newbie, so uncomplicated styles would be helpful :o
Thanks in advance!

Lark
March 16th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I would say that you need to go ahead and start with a Grah-Toe fork, if you are going to be collecting you are going to end up with one or several anyway :) http://www.etsy.com/listing/92721665/cherry-wood-hair-fork-mini-nefertari
Hair forks are easiest to learn to use in my opinion. Happy Birthday!

katsrevenge
March 16th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I'd say a Ketlyo hair-stick. They are simple to use, look very nice and come in every shade of the rainbow and in lots of materials.

http://www.ketylo.com/servlet/StoreFront

PixxieStix
March 16th, 2012, 06:54 PM
I have sticks, a 3 prong fork, two 2 prong forks, flexi 8s, and a Ficarre, and I have to say, if someone (or you) is willing to spend the money, you can't go wrong with a Ficarre! They are so easy and versatile to use. And I second the forks, but I'd start with a 2 or 3 prong as those (for me) are easier to figure out how to get into your hair so they hold it all up. I hope your birthday arrives with all sorts of things to make it special (hair toys included!) :flower:

Fairlight63
March 16th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I second the Ficcare also. I use them all the time. My hair is hip length & ii thickness & really fine. I have tried the Med. size but it is too big & heavy & pulls. The small size fits me the best.

I have tried hair sticks, forks & Flex-8 but could not get them to stay in but the Ficcare never fails me.

CarpeDM
March 16th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I would second the Ketylo hairsticks, they are really easy to use and they are comfortable.