PDA

View Full Version : My 2" in 2 months challenge

proo
March 16th, 2012, 04:22 PM
On May 16th I expect to have grown a solid 2"from this date.
How?
Religious preen/scritch/comb regimen
Crown braid every day
Sleep braid every night
WO luxuriously every 2 weeks
MO on ends after wash
Gentleness
Benign neglect
Visualization
Impeccable diet

Covet
March 16th, 2012, 04:32 PM
What kind of things are you going to be eating? I already eat extremely healthily but I wonder if there's anything else I can incorporate into my diet to improve the condition or growth of my hair... Please share! :)

redsoles
March 16th, 2012, 05:12 PM
visualization reminds me of wishful thinking.

I honestly think it has to do with diet and genetics. Good luck!

Aliped
March 16th, 2012, 05:33 PM
What is the MO, that you use on your ends?

proo
March 16th, 2012, 08:06 PM
My diet includes plenty of protein and fat, plus veggies and some fruit.
MO is mineral oil.

JuicyBabe
March 16th, 2012, 08:56 PM
wow good luck! :) I'm totallllyy with you. As I want to grow my hair...uhmm. 2.5-3.0 inches by Mid June? So far so good!

Honeyfall
March 16th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Impressive!

Visualization is one that has definitely worked for me in the past, though I've never tried it for speedy growth. My number one hobby is drawing, so I've used that (very successfully) to help me visualize and focus on my ideal hair. I make pictures of the hair I want and leave them around the house, set them as the background on my phone and what have you, and it works. I swear my whole wave/curl pattern has changed since I started doing it.

Good luck with your growing! :)

jennescence
March 16th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Good Job!! That is so amazing! Congratulations!

Allychan
March 16th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Keep us posted with an update!!

MaryMarx
March 17th, 2012, 02:47 AM
That's a really good challenge. I like the short time ones. Good luck! :)

Shesta
March 17th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Visualization never worked for me. Or at least not in positive direction :D I have this feeling when I try to imagine it growing faster what it does is actually to stall.

melusine963
March 17th, 2012, 04:41 AM
This sounds like a good way of growing hair, but I'm not sure I'd call "Religious preen/scritch/comb regimen " the same thing as "Benign neglect".

proo
March 17th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I guess I meant my version of benign neglect which is putting it up and forgetting about it -
less manipulation and playing with it.
Thanks for the support guys; I know this may seems like a long shot, but for some reason I'm believing in it since it's based on building positive habits and rituals that I love;
that the more I'm able to luxuriate in that place, the more my hair will as well.
If nothing else, I've done that.
Oh, and I'll also be microdusting the ends once a week.

jojo
March 17th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Good luck with your goal, id love 2" in 2 months too!

MO has helped in retaining my length a lot and by May id have gone 6 months without trimming, which for me is great as I was trimming every few months.

kitcatsmeow
March 17th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Good luck. I'm hoping for almost an inch a month all summer so cheers to the growing season!

Silverbrumby
March 17th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I'm hoping to hit a solid BSL in two months which is 1 inch. I'm in lol.

Sisgoldenhair65
March 17th, 2012, 01:50 PM
What about excercise? Does that play a role in hair growth also? I have a gym membership and plan to start using it this week. I need to lose weight but the real motivation for me is hair growth with the added benefit of weight loss, of course. ;). Good luck!!

Foxy_Booker
March 17th, 2012, 02:43 PM
For me since I started regular cardio exercise I haven't really noticed much of a hair growth increase but

I don't measure regularily either. What I definately did notice was that my shedding has decreased

significantly. Before I had a normal shed rate but its far less now and I only get a couple hairs fall out in

the shower.

kitcatsmeow
March 18th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Exercise should help with circulation and good circulation= happy hair follicles :)

Of the Fae
March 18th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Wow, that's optimistic! But possible, I guess! Keep us posted with pics :)
I might actually join you with this challenge! :D Yes, I shall try as well!

JuicyBabe
March 18th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Not sure if this is the place for it...But I got something motivating to post if your want your hair to grow SUPER FAST! As my hair normally grows .5-.75 a month if I'm lucky.
Up untill 5th grade (Cut to APL/SL), I had this waist length/BSL, THICK, golden/white hair naturally. A friends mom put red streaks in it, and it turned my whole head red! MY mother put blonde box color on it. Turned it a brassy white color! Then put MORE box color, turned brown. Ack. Had salon fix it. Fast forward to 6th grade, hair is healthy! Straightening about 5 days a week with heat protectant. Dye (now dirty blonde) hair white blonde..hate it. Dye it brown, brown fades, dye it black. Black turns to brown, 7th grade now. Attempt dying hair a darker brown-turns out black and fried. Used DISHWASHER soap to remove color (AHH, WHAT WAS I THINKING.). thick hair all falls out...Now I have layers? From loosing hair I guess. Hair is now barly SL. This is right before Christmas. I swore off hair dye...for foreveer! Who wouldn't after all the hair trauma? For the last 2.5 months after that, I deep condition religiously, no heat (Unless to touch of the bangs..), and used heat protected. In the last MONTH, started scalp massages, religiously taking vitamins and the whole sha-bang of all that.(: From my roots-wich are turning out a beautiful blonde/dirty blonde color-have grown 2.5 inches. just a month ago, they were 1.75 inches at the most!

ANYWAY, my hair is finally getting silky again, no more dead ends (chopped of man!), and is growing. LIKE A WEED! I'm so happy. I've been taking pictures the last week to prove it. The first picture is 03.10.12, second is 03.15.12, Third is 03.16.12, and the fourth is 03.17.12. And it looks like my hair has grown at least 1/4 of an inch! Am I imagining this? At this rate, by 8th grade (September 2012), my hair could grow 5.5 inches on average! That's 8 inches virgin hair. Anyway, just to share my growth, I'll show you the pictures I've been taking!

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss274/water208/Picnikcollage.jpg

Tell me what you think...Is this for REAL?

proo
March 19th, 2012, 09:56 AM
I started at 21" on March 15, so I'll be done on May 15.

Did a 3" chop on New Years, so now that I'm virgin n all, there's no holding back.
I'm big into yoga and have been for 20 years - gotta believe it helps everything thrive.
Also a big believer in happiness endorphines - laughing alot an doing fun things is part of my regimen.

einna
March 19th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Love the "microdusting" term, must be soo little. ;) Yoga is probably good for hair to! :) Good luck.

proo
March 20th, 2012, 09:53 AM
And I won't be measuring until May 15.

Luxurious head massage every morning pre styling.

MasCat
March 20th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Well, as for visualisation - I used to pray every evening, with meditation, about being a good priestess for my Goddess :) and I also prayed that I am growing hair to my knees.

I stopped couple of years later when I thought my terminal was waist. Some more years after - I am here and growing again. I can't help but think that this is the prayer coming true :)

Good luck with your goal and keep us posted :)

proo
May 15th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I'm back!
And the measurement is . . . 22 5/8".
So 3/8" short of my goal, but I did trim weekly.
I became SO in that time which really improved things across the board:
smoothness, shine and manipu-lability.
I'm gonna go again: 2" in 2months -
July 15, here I come.
I apologize for the lack of pics - I need help.

Jesabel
May 16th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Wow! that's awesome growth :)

proo
May 17th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Thanks, Jesabel!
I think it was diet and meditation.
And just lovin on it.