PDA

View Full Version : waaay too much time on my hands....

nostalgic
July 22nd, 2008, 10:36 PM
for some reason i'm wide awake and lurking around and all of a sudden have a burning question... dbf is hanging out next to me and he glimpsed a picture of someone with classic length hair with a taper (almost fairytale). i informed him that when my hair got longer (*sigh*) it would probably do that given all of the layers and its current growth pattern. however, once it's past my shoulders, i'd planned on cutting my hemline blunt and getting some bangs. is there any way to get a taper back after cutting it blunt? my hair has never really gotten that long so i have no idea how this works....?

Riot Crrl
July 22nd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Hairs grow at different rates, and some of them have shorter terminal lengths than others too. If you don't keep trimming it exactly blunt, it just does that.

trolleypup
July 23rd, 2008, 01:02 AM
Is there any way to get a taper back after cutting it blunt?
You can cut in layers to gain an artificial taper, I suppose. A natural taper merely requires patience and resisting cutting in the interim.

longhairedfairy
July 23rd, 2008, 01:52 AM
Maybe you could just trim off a few splits at a time instead of doing a full trim. Anyway, if you do cut it the bluntness will go away gradually because hair grows at so many different rates :)

DecafJane
July 23rd, 2008, 05:47 AM
A natural taper merely requires patience and resisting cutting in the interim.

Sweet. Yet another reason to not go and get a trim. :D

nostalgic
July 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
thanks guys! since it's going to take my hair soooo long to grow to begin with, i didn't want to do anything that would really mess up a goal :D... or one i'm considering...;)

podo
July 24th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Taper can be caused by hair growing at different speeds, but also by damage or S&D. :) Anything that gets done to one or more - but not all - hairs will cause fairytale ends.

:)