PDA

View Full Version : Made my color quite a bit darker!

Mairéad
March 15th, 2012, 10:54 AM
If anyone recalls, I have a thread that details my success in fully removing my henna. What did I do with my new found hair freedom? I did a demi dye in a light auburn. Yes, I LOVE my natural hair color, but I found it to be washing me out quite a bit, probably because it's almost the same color as my skin. I wanted to see if a darker color would frame my face better, and it did.

I did the coconut oil soak method and can't report that there is any damage. My hair is quite dirty and frizzy in the photo though. (Photo might be sideways)

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af276/Random_Goldfish/IMG_9232.jpg

Weird thing is, it came out a heck of a lot darker than the picture on the box, and on level 7 hair no less! But, yet, I'm not complaining. I like it. My boyfriend and I went to his hair stylist yesterday, who has been practicing for at LEAST 40 years, and he said, "I don't know what your natural color is but what ever color you have on you now is making your coloring sing."

Well, I'm sold.

sarelis
March 15th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Looks lovely, really suits you & brings out the colour of your eyes :)

fridgee
March 16th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Lovely colour! And what a compliment from the stylist! :cheese:

cfreya
March 16th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Suits you looks very shiny which brand did you use?

EtherealDoll
March 16th, 2012, 03:58 AM
The colour looks lovely, it makes your eyes pop.

Sammich
March 16th, 2012, 04:00 AM
How beautiful you are. The colour really brings out your gorgeous bluey greeny grey eyes.

Mairéad
March 16th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Suits you looks very shiny which brand did you use?

I used the Natural Instincts foam in Light Auburn. Very easy to use and it didn't drip at all. Loved it. First time I had used a chem dye in 3 years. Got to say I had forgotten how strong the smell was.

Mairéad
March 16th, 2012, 04:20 PM
How beautiful you are. The colour really brings out your gorgeous bluey greeny grey eyes.

Thank you. :)

Amber_Maiden
March 16th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Nice colour! Suits you!

jojo
March 17th, 2012, 11:51 AM
It really does suit your colouring. I did the same when i removed my henna, mine has near enough all washed out now. Its nice not to have a life sentence to hair colour anymore :)

Littlewing13
March 17th, 2012, 05:25 PM
You used a colour remover to get the henna out yes? That will make your next colour darker.