PDA

View Full Version : different textures/colors/shapes of hairs on the same head

sedonia
July 22nd, 2008, 09:33 PM
Overall, my hair is fine and pretty straight, natural color light reddish brown (with henna now). However, I have always had rogue hairs that are *extremely* course, kinky (as in curliness class 4), and of radically different colors than the majority (black/dark brown, dark red, and more recently silver). They are just randomly mixed in with the "regular" hairs. I know silvers often come in courser and curlier, but really this predates any silvering. I've always had these.

Does everyone have this hair diversity, or is it some kind of oddity?

lawyermom
July 22nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
I have very different types of hair - but it's not random. I have very curly hair around the nape of my head (corkscrew curl curly) and at my temples and the hairline at my forehead. Everywhere else is relatively straight.

No different colors though - that might be fun!

MountainGypsy
July 22nd, 2008, 09:47 PM
I have the different textures and degrees of curliness. I used to have more color variation (even coarse almost black hairs) but I have been using henna for years so other than the silvers, which are now copper, my hair is pretty much all auburn brown.

Magicknthenight
July 22nd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Yea not all of my hair is the same. I'm not sure what it is:confused:
Some of my hair is lighter and some of its darker.
Once in a while i will find one of those course black hairs or a thinner hair.
Will be watching to see if anyones got any ideas on what causes this though!:D

ZaBasDa
July 22nd, 2008, 10:10 PM
I have very different textures on my head. Actually the last 3-5 inches of my length is super coarse hair that is 3c-ish; the hair shafts are even flat. Then it progresses to medium, M/F at my scalp. My lowest layer is also very fine hair, as are my baby hairs. Most of my "frizz" is really coarse 4 hair that is in my top layer; I have a bit of random coarse hair near the back of my crown. As for color, my hair is dark brown with one natural bright red hair.

SweetPea88
July 22nd, 2008, 10:17 PM
I have a mixture of textures as well. A lot of my new growth and baby hairs are reallyyy coarse while most of my hair is about medium-coarse. I'm sure I have some fine-mediums in there as well!

Riot Crrl
July 23rd, 2008, 12:10 AM
Oh. Mine are all over the place. I don't even know if I have a "regular" type of hair, lol. Even when my hair was all natural and I didn't have any grey, if you looked at it up close the hairs were all different colors. Then the ends were different colors than the roots too.

camara
July 23rd, 2008, 12:56 AM
Oh yes. You name it, it is there. Black, coarse, kinky, white, fine, fiery red, light blonde, I´ve got them all! :) The majority of my hair is dark blonde or light brown and of medium strand thickness, however.

MoonCreature
July 23rd, 2008, 01:10 AM
I've also got a coctail of hairs on my head. I can find black, red, light brown and blond hairs. The blond ones are really fine and straight (I find these mostly at the front of my head), the black ones are mostly at the nape-to-crown area and they are really thick and often curlier and the red and light brown ones are the "dominant" kind, medium in thickness and wavy. I love that my hair isn't all uniform, it gives it more dept this way.

Tap Dancer
July 23rd, 2008, 03:56 AM
I think we all have "random hairs." Most of my hair is medium in texture and straight to slightly wavy. Sometimes after I wash it, I have curls underneath. They disappear after I've brushed my hair or slept on it. I have some coarse and some very fine strands too. Most of my hair is dark brown, some is white, and some looks light brown. I like finding those different hairs. :)

goldenwaves
July 23rd, 2008, 04:06 AM
I'm blonde and I get random colours!! I get dark brown and (very course) red hairs. I also have some sections that are nearly straight, some that are curly and some that are wavy!!

Nizhoni
July 23rd, 2008, 04:48 AM
Nice to know that I'm not alone with these strange hairs. In my fine, mostly straight hair (naturally kind of light brown color) I have found single hairs that were either very curly or coarse and close to black in color. :)

DecafJane
July 23rd, 2008, 05:27 AM
Me, too - it's completely normal. :D

RedRose
July 24th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Mine is quite extreme - whilst like many others the individual strands of my hair are different in colour, so are different areas of my head! The central inch (as if i had a centre parting) has a high concentration of very dark hairs, but from there to my ears on both sides is baby blonde, below which it's a light brown with more baby blonde patches. And different patches have different textures too - yippee! But I do have very thick hair (hair for 4, but layers are growing out so hair for 6 is not far off I feel) so I guess that makes it more noticeable.

I think everyone has this, and it makes hair more interesting! Although I wish mine was less dramatic colourwise as it can look a bit weird.

mamaherrera
January 23rd, 2013, 09:29 PM
I have some baby blonde hairs in my dark hair as well, and I"m freaking out as others say those are your next hairs to go white. What do you all think of this ? MY husband says he saw blonde hairs in my hair ten years ago as well but I never noticed!

spirals
January 24th, 2013, 02:16 AM
My colors coincide with textures. I have 3 types of hairs: fine, light golden brown; medium, medium golden brown; coarse, dark brown.
Also, most of my texture is 3a, but there is a 1/2-inch 3b curl at my nape on the left, and the hair directly above my ears is 1b.

Indigostreams
January 24th, 2013, 08:26 AM
My hair is pretty uniform all around for the most part, but my year and a half old baby's hair sounds like yours as far as texture goes. Her hair is smooth and straight throughout most of it, but in the back she has a chunk of hair that is very coarse and frizzy. It's super cute, but If it stays that way I could see how it would be frustrating when she gets older.

faellen
January 24th, 2013, 01:32 PM
I call those random, coarse dark hairs "head pubes". Lol. I think I read that on here somewhere!

spidermom
January 24th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I think all races are represented on my head, from the tightest, finest, blackest kinky hairs to the coarsest and whitest.

sunnydee92
January 24th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I get those weird coarse hairs, too! So do some of my family members...

Altocumulus
January 25th, 2013, 05:19 AM
I have the same thing. Most of my hair is dark ash blonde, medium thickness and wavy, but the hair near my face is lighter and quite curly - 3a or even 3b on a humid day. Then there are scattered coarse, dark hairs throughout, as well as some fine, light blonde hairs. The greys follow the same pattern - all different thicknesses and textures.

Naiadryade
January 25th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I have M 2a hair, and my whole life, the right side of my under-layer of hair (the hair growing out of the back of my neck where it meets my head) has tangled a lot faster and more severely than the rest of my hair. At times, especially when I'm camping and don't detangle for a couple of days, it has taken a long time to get the massive dreadlock it becomes out! I never really understood why... that hair didn't seem all that different from the rest of my hair... just maybe a tiny bit softer, yet also dryer.

Then this summer, when a friend was doing my hair, she remarked, "wow, your hair is downright curly underneath!" I responded, "yeah, it can get pretty wavy sometimes..." and she was like, "no, these are actual curls." I was a little astounded. Sure enough, she showed me and it was making spirals--loose ones, but a distinctly different pattern from the back-and-forth waves I'm used to. I've noticed it a couple of times since then, though often that hair does just seem wavy like the rest of it, maybe just a tiny bit more so. I think the curls are loose enough that they're easily stretched into waves by combing/touching.

So yeah, it's pretty subtle, but I think I can join this club! Makes me want to wear my hair in half-ups and encourage the curls...