PDA

View Full Version : Your scalp type?

Darkhorse1
July 22nd, 2008, 09:31 PM
Since many people here have opted to CO, I'm curious to know what the average scalp type is--for ALL members of LHC, not just those who CO.

I've always had oily scalp/hair. As I've aged, I can go longer now between washings, but as a kid, I had to wash daily. If not, it'd be itchy and an oil slick and very uncomfortable.

So, I'm curious to see how many here have oily scalp vs other types.

Riot Crrl
July 22nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
It is normal now, but it used to be oily before CO. On the two occasions since January that I have shampooed, it became oily again in a hurry. Strange but true.

angelic
July 22nd, 2008, 09:54 PM
I don't CO only, but I voted before reading the content of the thread. My apologies if my answer skews the results of your poll. My scalp is "medical" as I have SD.

chrissy-b
July 22nd, 2008, 10:18 PM
My scalp is oily. I've been trying to stretch out washes and while I can deal with the oil slick, I can't stand it when my scalp breaks out. I'm still trying to find the right balance.

kwaniesiam
July 22nd, 2008, 10:36 PM
I used to be CO, and I voted combination/other (the other is because my hair was thinning and I had a really sensitive scalp for a while). Now that my hair is short I have gone back to S&C with the occasional CO if I feel like it, but if I do it for more than a few days in a row my hair gets greasy.

SweetPea88
July 22nd, 2008, 11:02 PM
Oops, I did the same as Angelic! Sorry about that. :o I don't CO but I'd say my scalp is classified as normal and I usually wash every 3-5 days.

angelic
July 22nd, 2008, 11:13 PM
Oops, I did the same as Angelic! Sorry about that. :o I don't CO but I'd say my scalp is classified as normal and I usually wash every 3-5 days.

As I was not the only one, I edited the thread title to mention that the thread was for those that CO. I hope you don't mind Darkhorse, and if you do...pm me :flower:.

AnimaSola3o4
July 22nd, 2008, 11:25 PM
Errr um... can i undo my vote? I did read the title, but somehow it didnt register that you meant only people who CO.

I do CO sometimes, but not often.

My bad, take one vote for dry off or just mentally discount one.

Marcipangris
July 23rd, 2008, 12:59 AM
I am starting to transition into CO, and I have a normal type scalp. I haven't had too many problems with greasiness so far, but then again, I do shampoo every 1 1/2 weeks or so.

Sceleste
July 23rd, 2008, 01:20 AM
I voted, though I might do an occasional shampoo wash. I'm mostly CO these days and I'm planning on quitting shampooing completely so I don't think I mess the poll results. :)

My scalp is oily. It's been oily since I was a teenager and I haven't found a miracle cure yet. CO makes my scalp produce less oil so it's not as oily as it was when I was only washing with shampoo. But even with CO I can't leave my hair loose on the second day after washing, it looks too greasy.

vidgrl007
July 23rd, 2008, 06:58 AM
I didnt vote because I cholesterol my hair 3xs a week and didn't know if that counted as condish.

I only wash with shampoo once a week,I just recently started this 2 weeks ago.btw my scalp is normal :).

DotDotDot
July 23rd, 2008, 07:16 AM
Another person who doesn't CO and voted without reading the thread! :o It came up on the home page and all it said was Scalp type? so I voted dry. Sorry!

tiny_teesha
July 23rd, 2008, 07:56 AM
i accidentally voted oily- but i don't even CO i didn't read the thread properly...ops! SORRY!
eta- same song and dance as DotDotDot

harley mama
July 23rd, 2008, 08:27 AM
I picked combination since I have normal to dry scalp.

AJoifulNoise
July 23rd, 2008, 10:08 AM
I CO most days and my scalp is an oil-producing machine. That's part of the reason I have to shampoo once a week...

Darkhorse1
July 23rd, 2008, 10:38 AM
Shoot, I made an error--I wanted to know what the average census of all the people here, not just CO's. Can I change the question on this poll?

I've also alloted for multiple answers, because hair is often more than 1 type.

Fireweed
July 23rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
I CO off and on a month or two at a time. my scalp is more on the dry side.

GlassEyes
July 23rd, 2008, 11:57 AM
I think my scalp is normal or dry. I've never really had problems with it in either direction. Well, except for problems with CO. xD

Iylivarae
July 23rd, 2008, 12:46 PM
I have SD... so I voted for medical.

PetiteHatter
July 24th, 2008, 12:24 AM
My scalp is oily, and it drives me insane!! D:

Adrienne
July 24th, 2008, 01:35 AM
my Scalp is normal. I have no problems at all. I used to think I had dry scalp and would "grease" my scalp with all types of products mostly filled with Petrolem and mineral oil. I have not "greased" my scalp in three years. and I have had absolutly NO scalp problems.

My hair is very dry. I keep it in check with Frequant Co washes. I have been for the past few weeks experiencing more hair dryness than usual. and then I went on a trip. to a very hot dry climate so that just made it even worse. now I am back home and really working on getting some moisture back into my hair.

Loreyanne_H
July 24th, 2008, 04:05 AM
I have a rather oily scalp, and I keep on washing twice a week with shampoo and conditioner...

Hatsumomo
July 24th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Mine is normal. I wash it once or twice a week and use Bhringraj oil between washes. It used to be very oily but that was hormonal.

Chromis
July 24th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Itchy. I'm not sure if it is oily or dry, but I do know it seems to be allergic to hard water.

Medvssa
July 24th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Extremely dry. It doesn't seem to produce any oil on its own (same for the rest of my skin, actually)

Takethevitamin
July 24th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I have SD, and have tried everything except strong medical treatments that I really want to avoid.

Tea tree and mint and henna-based shampoos seem to help, but only a bit. I do CO the ends of my hair every few days, though, and it works nicely, but I still find my nails making their way to my scalp pretty quickly. I feel unclean because of it.

It has been a few years of this, too. I've tried washing more, I've tried washing less, I've tried waiting for an adjustment period, the SLS-free method, oiling, dozens of shampoos and conditioners and treatments and you name it. My diet is healthy, so I doubt it's coming from there. I also bought a special showerhead water filter. I've seen no major difference anywhere. I figure it might be hormone-related or a vitamin-deficiency at this point...

Has anyone had any luck with fenugreek, perchance? I figure this would be the place to ask.

Nevermore
July 25th, 2008, 10:23 PM
It is normal now, but it used to be oily before CO. On the two occasions since January that I have shampooed, it became oily again in a hurry. Strange but true.

Same. If anything, my scalp might be slightly on the dry side now, if I wash too often.

mira-chan
July 28th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Dry scalp here. I can go two weeks without washing and it won't look oily unless I put oil on it. I wash once a week usually because of itchiness.

Starr
July 28th, 2008, 01:23 AM
I have a very dry scalp. . . I don't think my scalp produces oil at all.:rolleyes:

lolar
January 13th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Definitely combination depending on season

Sharysa
January 13th, 2013, 03:54 PM
My scalp used to be CRAZY oily when I was shampooing almost daily. I still need to shampoo twice a week, but I've started using Dr. Bronner's based shampoo and that helps keep it from turning into an oil slick after two or three days.

chen bao jun
January 27th, 2013, 04:10 PM
I used to think my scalp was extremely dry and that I had horrible dandruff, but since I began to CO (or CWC) I think it is dry, but not crazy dry and I don't have dandruff at all. I do oil my dry scalp which is why I use just a little natural shampoo on it (no sulphates)

Nefcerka
September 18th, 2023, 09:37 AM
Normal, a little bit oily.

TatsuOni
September 18th, 2023, 10:42 AM
Very dry, but I'm managing it.

lapis_lazuli
September 19th, 2023, 03:34 PM
Seborrheic dermatitis :flamed:...

maborosi
April 14th, 2024, 09:42 PM
Oily or combination-oily. I can't stretch my washes at all