PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to do this hairstyle?

Of the Fae
March 14th, 2012, 02:02 PM
http://tinatarnoff.typepad.com/.a/6a00e55378e88988340120a63595b6970c-800wi

I'm specially interested in the braids at the back...

I saw them in Frida Kahlo's biopic movie and I loved it <3

Thanks in advance!

eresh
March 14th, 2012, 02:46 PM
On top looks like somekind of victoryrolls.
I think the braid in the back is 2 small braids tied together with the ribbon.
If you look closely you can see a brown ribbon/yarn sewed into the braids

white.chocolate
March 14th, 2012, 02:57 PM
On top looks like somekind of victoryrolls.
I think the braid in the back is 2 small braids tied together with the ribbon.
If you look closely you can see a brown ribbon/yarn sewed into the braids

This. Overlap the two braids and secure and hide the tails with a ribbon.

Of the Fae
March 15th, 2012, 03:13 AM

It was more simple than I feared, I thought I had to interweave the braids in some mysterious way impossible to mankind :p

kme81
March 15th, 2012, 03:16 AM
I like it! Soft, cute, and feminine!

...and I agree with the previous posters. :)

QMacrocarpa
March 15th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Something similar is shown in this tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuatfZiMwXg), the Sans Fin braid starting at about 0:55.

heidi w.
March 15th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I can no longer see the link. But if you're talking Frida Kahlo, I can kind of imagine what you're after. She often did braiding and wrapped it around her head and included some kind of big ribbon thing.

I would say, she divided the hair in half and made two braids, and then wrapped one one way around the head, and the other the other way around the head. And I'd say she either wrapped a ribbon around the fully braided hair OR wove it into the braiding, which can be done, and left a lot of length to finish with a big bow of some kind.

It's actually not hard to do, but pinning matters so it will stay put and not slide off of the head during wear.

I have no idea what you're wanting because I can't see the link, unfortunately.

I'm a huge fan of Frida Kahlo. I relate to all her surgeries and how that affected her and her interpretation of the world and the experiences she had. I had the wonderful good fortunate to see her exhibition a couple years ago put on by a Museum in Ohio. It was amazing to see her works up close and personal. She was very colorful, and I like color.

heidi w.

heidi w.
March 15th, 2012, 10:29 AM
This link is a photo of Frida Kahlo with a bunch of roses inserted into her updo. You can mimic this by hot glueing dried flowers of choice on to the end of bobby pins and when your updo is all finished, pin those into the hair. I have a selection of some small roses and pansies so created. I use them when wearing my hair up for fancier occasions. These kind of pins with flowers should be stored where they won't contract a lot of dust because it's hard to get the dust off of dried flowers. I keep mine in a box. You can also make fake miniature flower pots and stuff the center of the pot with a kind of styrofoam and dive the pins into them so the the curved end with the flower glued to it stands out. It's a cute gift idea.

http://www.hovied.com/entertainment/2010/frida-kahlo-biography-with-video-06076661.html

heidi w.