PDA

View Full Version : How to prepair hair for coloring?

Tuna
March 14th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Okay! I finnaly bought some hair color (I wanted to do it for years). I got semi - permanent schwarzkopf poly color in black. 3 packages of it :p I hope it's enough for my butt-lenght hair.

I am dying it tomorrow... what can I do before to get the best result and minimum damage?
Any hair masks...anything?

I'm nerovus. I have very pale skin and I'm going black (naturally dark brown with lighter - dark blonde ends from sun). I hope that I achive snow white look and not some dead ugly witch look. :P

Of the Fae
March 14th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I advise you to not wash for as long as possible, so that your natural sebum protects your hair. It worked for me! Because dye is drying and the dryness causes brittleness. Less dryness=more protection IMO

kitcatsmeow
March 14th, 2012, 12:51 PM
soak in coconut oil over night. I do this before I bleach my regrowth and almost never see more than 1 or 2 broken hairs.

hototogisu
March 14th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Another vote for coconut oil! Really soak your hair in it for overnight, or at least a few hours. Apply the colour directly over your dry, coconut oiled hair. It realy works!

Anje
March 14th, 2012, 03:44 PM
The usual recommendation is to make sure your hair is dirty/greasy, not clean. I haven't tried dyeing my hair after a heavy coconut-oiling, but enough people here swear it helps that I'd try it if I were ever to use a semi-permanent dye.

joflakes
March 14th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Another vote for coconut oil pre-dyeing. I bleach and this seems to really protect my hair. It feels the same as it did before.

Tuna
March 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I have read that moroccoan (argan) oil added to colour or on hair before dying helps to protect hair and enchain colour...
Anyone knows something about it?

Otherwise I will stick with coconut oil, I've been using it for ages and it really is magic for my hair. :P