PDA

View Full Version : It had back-progress??

Darkessa
March 14th, 2012, 10:06 AM
So I measure my hair on the 14th of every month... These last 3 months it has gained 1 1/4 inch each month.
This month... I would have come within a 1/4 of an inch of being 30inches... If it had actually grown.
Apparently my hair LOST a 1/4 of an inch somehow.
My Fiance measures it the same way every time.

I honestly do not understand. I didn't go anywhere near scissors...
The only thing I did this month was clarify it with Baking Soda once. And I think i even did that a few times in Dec. and Jan.
I just don't get it.
I'm not very happy.
:coffee:

lapushka
March 14th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Well, it can't have disappeared, so somehow it means someone measured incorrectly. ;)

Khiwanean
March 14th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I'd blame it on wave shrinkage.

Darkessa
March 14th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Well, it can't have disappeared, so somehow it means someone measured incorrectly. ;)

I don't know... We re-measured it probably 12 times. He got a bit tired of it.

Darkessa
March 14th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I'd blame it on wave shrinkage.

We stretch it out... So sadly, can't blame that.

bumblebums
March 14th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Here you go:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=168

In addition to the things people have already mentioned, it could be humidity.

Darkessa
March 14th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Here you go:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=168

In addition to the things people have already mentioned, it could be humidity.

I could seriously squish you with hugs right now.
This made me not only FEEL better about it, but it also is simply informative.
It makes a lot of sense.
And now I don't feel like crying anymore!

bumblebums
March 14th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I could seriously squish you with hugs right now.
This made me not only FEEL better about it, but it also is simply informative.
It makes a lot of sense.
And now I don't feel like crying anymore!

:) You're welcome!

spidermom
March 14th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I think sometimes all your longest hairs reach the end of their growth cycles and shed out. It happened to me around waist length, and I wasn't measuring. I was cinching a belt around my waist, then checking the length in the mirror with a hand-held mirror. One day my ends were overlapping the belt, and then they weren't for about 2 months, and I checked multiple times. Those longest ends were really and truly gone!

Darkessa
March 14th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I think sometimes all your longest hairs reach the end of their growth cycles and shed out. It happened to me around waist length, and I wasn't measuring. I was cinching a belt around my waist, then checking the length in the mirror with a hand-held mirror. One day my ends were overlapping the belt, and then they weren't for about 2 months, and I checked multiple times. Those longest ends were really and truly gone!

I was thinking that could be it... Im hoping it is...
I swear if this is my terminal length, I will cry. Hard.

spidermom
March 14th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I doubt it's your terminal length. It's just that when you've been cutting your hair, you artifically shorten it's potential length. I was relieved to discover that waist wasn't my longest possible length.

Darkessa
March 14th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I doubt it's your terminal length. It's just that when you've been cutting your hair, you artifically shorten it's potential length. I was relieved to discover that waist wasn't my longest possible length.

Thanks for the response.
It definitely makes me feel better! :D

Miss Catrina
March 14th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I've never in my life heard of a terminal length that short, don't worry.

I don't know what all you've been doing with your routine or when you started it, but it might just be that any changes you made, made up for deficiencies in your hair and caused a growth spurt, and now it's stabilized. Doesn't explain negative growth (though as others have explained, that is most likely not what happened), but it could explain why no apparent growth occurred.

goldenmoments
March 14th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I have this happen sometimes, but I'll measure again a week later and get the measurement I expected as if my hair grew just in that one week, which is unlikely.... Who knows why, but I wouldn't worry too much and just remeasure in a week if you must