PDA

View Full Version : Question (TMI alert!!!)

Bunnysaur
March 13th, 2012, 11:27 PM
OK, I've wondered this for a while, and it's a rather awkward question, but if I were ever to ask it, I'd have to ask here :P

While showering, does anyone else ever realize that their shed hairs have found there way, erm, where the sun don't shine? It seems like at least a few of mines turn into a little hairball and migrate down my back and well, into my :tmi:

So am I just weird, or is this an actual thing?
I'm sorry it's so TMI, but I've been curious!

Tea Lady
March 13th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Or they can be long and straight and are referred to as "butt floss"! Sorry for the TMI, hope no one is offended!

Tea Lady

Arakazi
March 13th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Hahaha "butt floss" that is amazing. I get that sometimes but I always think of it as a tail :P

kittengirl
March 13th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Oh my gosh, I always get that and wondered if others did but I was afraid to post it! :)

Bunnysaur
March 13th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Or they can be long and straight and are referred to as "butt floss"! Sorry for the TMI, hope no one is offended!

Tea Lady

LOL my hair isn't long enough to do that with yet... :P

DaniVerde
March 13th, 2012, 11:36 PM
I get this! I thought I was the only one, because my friends look at me like I'm insane whenever I bring it up :p

Quixii
March 13th, 2012, 11:38 PM
I get butt floss upon occasion. :o

Bunnysaur
March 13th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Hahaha "butt floss" that is amazing. I get that sometimes but I always think of it as a tail :P

Heehee. A tail. That's great. :)

Oh my gosh, I always get that and wondered if others did but I was afraid to post it! :)

Me too! I figured that longer hair = more frequent butt floss.

I get butt floss upon occasion. :o

I bet everyone does, they're just too embarrassed to admit it :p

skaempfer
March 13th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Actually, not only that, but I'm quite sure we had a thread on that recently; must be buried now.

Johanna
March 14th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Lol it's worse when one of your hairs gets tangled up with someone else's underwear in the washing machine.

bubblyredhead
March 14th, 2012, 12:07 AM
since I was right above waist "butt floss" has become more apparent... it tickles me

3mily
March 14th, 2012, 12:14 AM
OK. If we're gonna go there I've got a story.

I think it must be a 'thing' as twenty years ago I was treated for an abscess in that area (Pilonidal Sinus) some research at the time threw up that the condition's name translates as 'nest of hair'. I think this refers to hair that may be found growing locally the wrong way into the skin and sometime bone, but my doctor told me at the time to always watch out for exactly the thing that the OP described as it certainly wouldn't help, health wise.

I didn't have long hair at the time so I think it's something that is relevant to everyone. Afterwards my hairdresser told me that there is a similar condition in that line of work that involves bits of cut hair working themselves into the skin of the hands. Any stylists here had it?

Bunnysaur
March 14th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Lol it's worse when one of your hairs gets tangled up with someone else's underwear in the washing machine.

EEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!! The worst is when one of someone else's hair gets tangled up in your undies in the washer.

Actually, not only that, but I'm quite sure we had a thread on that recently; must be buried now.

TBH, I didn't even think to search for it... But come to think of it, if we've got a menstrual cup thread, we probably have another butt floss thread around here somewhere...

AnqeIicDemise
March 14th, 2012, 12:55 AM
I had the butt floss go in the other direction the other day. That was extremely awkward. -snort-

sfgirl
March 14th, 2012, 12:57 AM
LOL That's happens to me. I think it happens to everyone, don't worry.

Dark Queen
March 14th, 2012, 01:31 AM
HAHAHA! All the time. I gotta lean to the side to wash my hair now. I guess it's just part of being a long-hair person :D:o

woolyleprechaun
March 14th, 2012, 01:36 AM
I get huge balls of shed hair stuck to my *ahem* upper inner thighs and butt crack :) It drives me so mad, I wash my hair seperately before I shower!

Bunnysaur
March 14th, 2012, 02:03 AM
I had the butt floss go in the other direction the other day. That was extremely awkward. -snort-

Ooh, I bet...

pink.sara
March 14th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Haha, yup. Wash hair... Remove hairball... Continue shower ;)

hototogisu
March 14th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Yep, every time. I always feel like I'm coated in a fine mist of shed hair when I get out of the shower.

Envari
March 14th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Lovely to know I'm not the only one with this experience!

The hubby (who shaves his head) looked really weird when I told him about this phenomenon and refused to believe it is perfectly normal. Now I shall confront him with this thread to prove it :D

Johanna
March 14th, 2012, 04:21 AM
I find that I avoid the loose hairs going down your leg in the shower by brushing beforehand. If you brush it pre shower you get all the shed hair out before you wash, then I hang my hair over one shoulder in the shower to keep it all together.

No freak out 'maybe its a spider' moments nor the 'eeeeee thats not where my hair is supposed to go' moments either.

Sammich
March 14th, 2012, 04:32 AM
I get the buttfloss all the time. It's a hilarious and interesting feeling pulling it out. The males in my life are confused as to how it gets there. Hahaha.

ravenreed
March 14th, 2012, 04:47 AM
I brush my hair before I shower and this somewhat reduces this phenomena. However, if I wear my hair down for any length of time... The hairs go everywhere so why not there? It also seems to get worse the longer my hair gets.

Bagginslover
March 14th, 2012, 05:17 AM
I get it all the time, not only in the shower!! I think I must have some sort of hair magnet down there, because I have to remove a ball every day! The worst is when I am....releiving myself, and I can feel it catching and pulling on a loose hair EEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

malwes
March 14th, 2012, 05:17 AM
He, he...when I used to have very long hair, of course I experienced that!

Envari
March 14th, 2012, 05:22 AM
If I for some reason am doing a sloppy job detangling my hair in the shower, my hair is sure to take terrible revenge on me. If I do a proper job in the shower, I barely have any hair in places where it... *ahem* doesn't belong.

Amber_Maiden
March 14th, 2012, 08:16 AM

Tea Lady

haha! That's it exactly!!!

jeanniet
March 14th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I try to remove shed hairs thoroughly before washing to minimize the floss effect, but yeah, always get one or two anyway.

What I get, and this isn't body-related but still kind of gross, is wads of shed hair stuck to the underarm area of any clothing that's fleece or wool. For some reason it all migrates there and if I don't remember to pull it off regularly it looks like a little hairy monster has taken up residence under my arms. Fortunately I don't wear my fleece bathrobe in public. :p

HintOfMint
March 14th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I've gotten that and I hated it!! I actually religiously make it a point to sling my hair in front of my shoulders when I rinse so that no hairs migrate... there. Ew, haha.

feb26
March 14th, 2012, 11:01 AM
yep...and am just past bsl. ahh the joys of hair :)

heidi w.
March 14th, 2012, 11:02 AM
OK, I've wondered this for a while, and it's a rather awkward question, but if I were ever to ask it, I'd have to ask here :P

While showering, does anyone else ever realize that their shed hairs have found there way, erm, where the sun don't shine? It seems like at least a few of mines turn into a little hairball and migrate down my back and well, into my :tmi:

So am I just weird, or is this an actual thing?
I'm sorry it's so TMI, but I've been curious!

OH yeah, a crack attack! Happens every time I wash my hair. It's just part of the show! LOL

heidi w.

Gulbahar
March 14th, 2012, 11:11 AM
That's one of the reasons I never wash my hair in the shower. I find shed hairs sticking to my body everywhere simply disgusting. :mad:

What I get, and this isn't body-related but still kind of gross, is wads of shed hair stuck to the underarm area of any clothing that's fleece or wool. For some reason it all migrates there and if I don't remember to pull it off regularly it looks like a little hairy monster has taken up residence under my arms. Fortunately I don't wear my fleece bathrobe in public. :p
Ooooh, I get these too. I have to collect them every other day. Once I had a fleece jumper in my hair colour (approximately) and so didn't see the hairs for weeks. I could have made a second jumper from them. :D

Chetanlaiho
March 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Yup, quite badly actually xD

Rose Petal
March 14th, 2012, 03:48 PM
this happens no matter what length my hair is. The last thing I do before I turn off the water is do one last check so I can wash my hands before stepping out.
I think the shoulder blades and backbone make a natural drain;)

cfreya
March 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Actually laughing out loud, I share your pain ladies haha

eicamawa
March 14th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this :p

excentricat
March 14th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Yep, it happens to me too. I'm trying to learn to check before I finish my shower.

Hollyfire3
March 14th, 2012, 04:50 PM

I get this too, i try to ignore it, i LOVE the tail reference though, maybe i really AM a cat...lol;)

RapunzelKat
March 14th, 2012, 05:10 PM

Tea Lady

Bahahaha! :lol: Yup, been there :D Another bad one is taking your undergarments out of the wash and finding wads of hair wrapped tightly around them :p

misspurdy06
March 14th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I get that too when I forget to pull my hair to the front when I rinse.

lilbeef
March 14th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Sure do. Thought I was only one! :D

FrozenBritannia
March 14th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Bahahaha! :lol: Yup, been there :D Another bad one is taking your undergarments out of the wash and finding wads of hair wrapped tightly around them :p

Ugh, I HATE that... Trying to cut them off without cutting the fabric too... My hair hasn't been blonde for almost two years and I am STILL pulling long blonde hairs out of things like velcro and knitted blankets.

And yes, I am sure they are mine. Lol.

bumblebums
March 14th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Pfft. That's what buttcracks are for, aren't they?

Lady Neeva
March 14th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I always have hair caught in my armpit.

Lici1209
March 14th, 2012, 08:39 PM
You aren't the only one :]

cwarren
March 14th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Hahaha. It's relieving to know that I'm not alone

The hubby (who shaves his head) looked really weird when I told him about this phenomenon and refused to believe it is perfectly normal. Now I shall confront him with this thread to prove it :D

I'd NEVER tell my bf. He already questions my hair habits. If I told him that there were random hair balls hiding out in my crack after every shower, he might tell me to cut it...

Darkessa
March 14th, 2012, 08:47 PM
This happens to me every time I shower.
Its the last thing I clean out! :D

Kat
March 14th, 2012, 09:38 PM
LOL my hair isn't long enough to do that with yet... :P

No, no, what you're talking about is a different issue together, and prompts the "make sure you wash your butt before you let your hair hang down your back in the shower" technique. But, the shed hairs getting tangled into other hair down there... yep!

I didn't have long hair at the time so I think it's something that is relevant to everyone. Afterwards my hairdresser told me that there is a similar condition in that line of work that involves bits of cut hair working themselves into the skin of the hands. Any stylists here had it?

I dunno, but once my partner thought he had a splinter in his foot, so he asked me to take a look. I couldn't get it out with a needle, but by a week or two later it had worked its way to the surface enough for me to dig it out. When I looked at it, it looked like a hair-- like a thick, coarse one like a leg hair or something. Only about a quarter-inch long. I couldn't figure out how what looked like a hair would've worked itself deep into his foot, but now that you say that, perhaps it was possible if he stepped on it just right, or if it were stuck in his sock and he was walking on it all day and slowly working it in for hours? CREEPY.

CaityBear
March 14th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Yup I get that...I don't usually talk about it with friends because most of my friends don't have long hair.

Annibelle
March 14th, 2012, 10:48 PM
That's happened to me for as long as I can remember, and it doesn't bother me a bit. :p Last things I do: rinse hair... scoop out the butt floss... shower complete. :D Oh, and stick butt floss wad on the shower wall to show off to SO. :eyebrows:

Dreams_in_Pink
March 15th, 2012, 03:31 AM
I found out that unwanted hair "down there" acts like velcro rollers. Since i started brazilian wax thing i hardly ever have this problem.

Combing hair thoroughly before washing and keeping the ends of hair together with an elastic during the washing also helps minimize the amount of shed hair sticking to your body.

Rilig
March 15th, 2012, 06:48 AM
When I was younger, I'd get these all the time, and not just in the shower! Loose hairs just migrated to my underwear. :shrug: Now that I don't wash or wet every day (shower cap on) and comb before washing, it's a much less common experience.

Cimorene
March 15th, 2012, 08:56 AM
:rollin: Yep, I get the buttfloss, too! And occasionally...floss in, um...other...places. :o

I have one of those detachable showerheads, so my solution is to just bend over at the end of every shower and spray the suckers out! :D

racrane
March 15th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I get the butt floss effect, too. It happened once to my boyfriend as well. I was embarrassed, but oh well. He likes my hair so he'll put up with that.

dwell_in_safety
March 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Oh, I've always gotten the butt floss. lol. What's more disconcerting is "finding" a piece of hair days after your last shower.

Bedhead
March 15th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I've had that many a time, but no hair balls here. I get the full on front to back or back to front floss - removing it is always a peculiar experience. Interestingly enough, I haven't experienced this phenomenon since I stopped washing my hair with water.