PDA

View Full Version : Dare I say...

Shanarana
July 22nd, 2008, 05:30 PM
I know that I am new, but I just wanted to say that I have received my first flexi 8 clip, and dare I say that I like it so much better than a Ficcare...:couch: please don't banish me. I love Ficcares, but these clips are so awesome, I wear it more than my Ficcare.

Riot Crrl
July 22nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Lol, whatever floats yer boat! You're lucky, Flexi-8s are cheaper.

Shanarana
July 22nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
Yes they are, one of the reasons I wanted to try one. I still love my Ficcares, but they are getting very hard for me to afford.

Ohio Sky
July 22nd, 2008, 05:51 PM
Honestly, even if Ficcarres cost half of what they actually cost, I don't think I would buy them. I really just don't like the way they look. :shrug:

I do, however, love my flexi 8 :D

Shanarana
July 22nd, 2008, 06:02 PM
I guess they are a type of hair toy that either you like or not....I don't think I can afford the new inflated prices now...that is just to much for me.

I thought the Flexi 8 would damage my hair with the beads, but I ordered one and find it so easy to use and have had no snagging at all. :)

dorothea-brooke
July 22nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Oh, I have to say that I'm the opposite! I keep going to the Flexi-8 site and looking, but I always want the lines to be ... cleaner. They're a bit too busy-looking for me.

But I am jealous of all of you who don't love Ficcares! *sigh*

dorothea

Riot Crrl
July 22nd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Oh, I have to say that I'm the opposite! I keep going to the Flexi-8 site and looking, but I always want the lines to be ... cleaner. They're a bit too busy-looking for me.

But I am jealous of all of you who don't love Ficcares! *sigh*

dorothea

Ditto, ditto, and ditto.

Patrycja
July 22nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
I'm still getting used to my first Flexi8,but they are so much more affordable than Ficcare is these days. I love the one that I have :)

lawyermom
July 22nd, 2008, 10:59 PM
hair toys. My first goal is to be able to use hair toys ;)

justgreen
July 22nd, 2008, 11:03 PM
I love my flexi's. I haven't actually been tempted enough to spend the money on a Ficcare. I saw the pink one on ebay and that one did appeal to me, but I'd rather spend the money on something else.

Darkhorse1
July 23rd, 2008, 11:02 AM
I LOVE my flexi 8s! I wish they made more in the smaller styles that they have it the larger ones, so I can wear my hair back in just a small section and leave the length. I got a mini-clip, and it's good for my bangs that are growing out, but a bit small for a lot of hair. I may find another style in the small clip, but I like the sparkly ones , but they are only available in large or up. :(

Shanarana
July 23rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
I am looking for a large flexi now to be able to use in a full bun.

eadwine
July 23rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
Flexi's, I love them too. I don't grab for them often because *gasp* they take longer to put in my bun, and with me in the morning rushing about.. I need fast :lol:

But they are very pretty indeed. I am thinking of getting me a large now that my mediums are getting a tad small for a bun. :)

Eden Iris
July 23rd, 2008, 11:37 AM
I like the Flexis and the Ficcares equally. The former are less expensive and less prone to damage, so those are obvious advantages, but the two create different looks, and it's good to have options.

Shanarana
July 23rd, 2008, 11:39 AM
I can't use my medium for a bun, only a pony. I am looking now to swap for an extra large for buns.

2luvmycurls
July 27th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I just bought 3 Flexi-8's. I realllllllly hope I got the right size. As far as my hair typing, I know I'm a 3a, I'm pretty sure I'm a iii, or maybe a ii/iii (I have a lot of "poofage" but my actual ponytail circumfrance was close to the borderline ii/iii, and I'm guessing F/M because I heard that most naturally curlies have fine hair, but I don't know for sure.

Anyways, I got a small and 2 mediums. My hair isn't that long yet, and I'd like to use the small one for half ups and the mediums for updos.

I haven't figured out how to do my signature line yet, but here's a link to my photos. I guess I'll know when they get here, but I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake of underestimating...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28592405@N06/

I've looked at the Ficcares, but the prices are so high, and I like the romantic look of the Flexi-8 better.

Nevermore
July 27th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Honestly, even if Ficcarres cost half of what they actually cost, I don't think I would buy them. I really just don't like the way they look. :shrug:

I do, however, love my flexi 8 :D

I don't own a Ficcarre, though I do like the shape of the clip, I think most of the colors/designs are either gaudy or ugly, at least on me. If they had, say silver with an etched or slightly raised rose on it or a celtic knot pattern, I'd be all over it. As it is, shelling out that much for a clip like the 2 dollar one I have now, which is silver-tone and pretty? I think not.