PDA

View Full Version : I tried to find aloe gel in CVS

Nedertane
March 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM
But I didn't find any. I'm not terribly surprised, but somewhere in the SMT article (which I have been DYING to try), it mentions an aloe brand that you can find at Walmart, so I thought there was some decent chance that CVS would have it. Ah well.

What I DID find though, were some bottles and jars marked tea tree oil and coconut oil conditioning treatment (or something to that effect). But there were other ingredients on the back of them, so I wasn't sure. With the tea tree oil, I saw different substances such as soybean and other oils, and I think a couple chemicals, and with the coconut stuff, it had petrolum (my guess is that it would be something like petroleum jelly?), coconut oil, and one other thing that I'm afraid I don't recall.

My question is, then, is whether these items would be good enough for moisture treatments on my hair, or whether I should avoid any added products. I didn't have much interest in the tea tree oil, but I was fairly excited to see a coconut oil product for very cheap.

What do you guys think? Would these be okay, at least for the price? I found these in the "ethnic" hair care section, if noting that helps at all.

midsummernight
March 13th, 2012, 05:37 PM
I fount the aloe vera at CVS in the sunscreen/ suncare aisle. CVS carries the generic version fruit of the earth aloe vera gel. But the bottle at CVS says after sun care on it. I have checked the ingredients and it is both the same. Hope this helps.

Mina17
March 13th, 2012, 05:38 PM
For the aloe gel, did you look in the first aid section? That's where they keep it in the stores where I live. Near the bandaids and other things for cuts, burns, and stings.

Nedertane
March 13th, 2012, 06:01 PM
For the aloe gel, did you look in the first aid section? That's where they keep it in the stores where I live. Near the bandaids and other things for cuts, burns, and stings.

I did look there, but I admit I was in a bit of a rush so maybe I just didn't catch it. Also, midsummernight, I have something similar called "Cool Aloe ICE" with lidocaine. Would this be the same?

midsummernight
March 13th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Also, midsummernight, I have something similar called "Cool Aloe ICE" with lidocaine. Would this be the same?

I dont think thats the one. The one I have doesnt have lidocaine in it. The gel that had lidocaine was green color. The one I used was right next to it and was clear. It is cheaper to get the fote aloe vera at walmart rather than the cvs gel. The CVS gel was just a small tube.

Nedertane
March 13th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I dont think thats the one. The one I have doesnt have lidocaine in it. The gel that had lidocaine was green color. The one I used was right next to it and was clear. It is cheaper to get the fote aloe vera at walmart rather than the cvs gel. The CVS gel was just a small tube.

Hmm, okay, I'll see if I can't check again tomorrow. There are a lot of CVSs around my campus/surrounding area. It may just be a matter of which CVS.

NJoy
March 13th, 2012, 08:00 PM
I find Fruit of the Earth pure aloe at Walgreen's. It's where you'd find sunscreen. Make sure you get the clear. It's in bigger bottles than the tube. HTH.

Kyla
March 13th, 2012, 08:21 PM
You can find it on amazon if you do online shopping. :) http://www.amazon.com/Fruit-Of-The-Earth-Color/dp/B0009VNI40/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331691617&sr=8-3

As well as coconut oil. http://www.amazon.com/Cococare-Coconut-Oil---/dp/B0009P4PZC/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1331691677&sr=1-2

Nedertane
March 13th, 2012, 08:29 PM
You can find it on amazon if you do online shopping. :) http://www.amazon.com/Fruit-Of-The-Earth-Color/dp/B0009VNI40/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331691617&sr=8-3

As well as coconut oil. http://www.amazon.com/Cococare-Coconut-Oil---/dp/B0009P4PZC/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1331691677&sr=1-2

Oh, I've certainly thought about using Amazon (I use it for almost everything else lol), but why pay shipping if I may not have to? :)

Scarlet_Heart
March 13th, 2012, 08:36 PM
It's easier to find in the summer (unless maybe you live in Florida, California, etc). I found mine at CVS. I would caution against anything but the clear kind.

My hair doesn't particularly like aloe vera gel (gets all crunchy). Aloe vera juice, on the other hand, it just loves. :shrug: You just have to find what works for you, I guess.

cheetahfast
March 13th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Hmm, okay, I'll see if I can't check again tomorrow. There are a lot of CVSs around my campus/surrounding area. It may just be a matter of which CVS.

Check the aisle with the laxatives. We sell a big container of it there. It's like a gallon or something close to that (I think it's 9.99 for it). There is also some with suncare (which are cheaper but, more money for less product if you look at the ratio). The one in the laxative aisle should be better since it is safe to ingest, and not that unnatural green color that some are dyed.

Scarlet_Heart
March 13th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Check the aisle with the laxatives. We sell a big container of it there. It's like a gallon or something close to that (I think it's 9.99 for it). There is also some with suncare (which are cheaper but, more money for less product if you look at the ratio). The one in the laxative aisle should be better since it is safe to ingest, and not that unnatural green color that some are dyed.

The $10 gallon by the laxatives is probably aloe vera juice, as opposed to gel.

Nedertane
March 13th, 2012, 09:09 PM

... Not gonna lie, I would NEVER have thought to look near the laxatives. :p

cheetahfast
March 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
The $10 gallon by the laxatives is probably aloe vera juice, as opposed to gel.

Oh yes, it probably is!

... Not gonna lie, I would NEVER have thought to look near the laxatives. :p

Lol, I might be wrong about it being gel. I know there is aloe vera something there! It's a strange spot for it.

NJoy
March 13th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I find Fruit of the Earth pure aloe at Walgreen's. It's where you'd find sunscreen. Make sure you get the clear. It's in bigger bottles than the tube. HTH.

Sharpay
March 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Can someone please tell me what the aloe vera juice or gel does for the hair and how it works? I'm going to walgreens tonight and was thinking of trying it after I find out what it's use is for. :)