PDA

View Full Version : I finally posted a pic! I feel like a computer genius! :)

kittengirl
March 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Here is finally a pic of my hair:

http://s1072.photobucket.com/albums/w379/Kittengirl23/?action=view&current=Photo14.jpg

I know it looks really weird. I'm at a bad stage. My hair has been thinned a bit, layered, and is generally mad at me. :p The ends go down a bit past where the pic ends. I used my computer camera so the quality is funny too. But it is still a picture!! Below is a pic of my hair from the front:

http://s1072.photobucket.com/albums/w379/Kittengirl23/?action=view&current=Photo14.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs 1072.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fw379%2FKittengirl2 3%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DPhoto18.jpg

I know this one's a little scary! My front is a bit thinner due to layers and highlighting :( It is a bit longer than it looks but it insisted on flipping up today. So here it is at least.

ETA: The first one isn't showing up on my computer but if you click the lower one and hit previous they are both there. Sorry about this. Is there a way to actually have the picture show up in the post and not just the link?
ETA Again: Ok, I fixed the link problem but I still don't know how to get the pics themselves to show up and not just the links. Still, I hope these are viewable to people. Sorry about all the difficulties. Everyone probably thinks I'm crazy for having so much trouble with this thing! :)
ETA Once more: I did figure out how to directly insert the picture, but it does not seem to work on my computer. I get little blue boxes with white question marks in the middle. I don't know if this means that it is just my computer or if you can still see them, but to be safe I'm leaving it with the links. Sorry for any confusion!

joflakes
March 13th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Here is finally a pic of my hair:

http://s1072.photobucket.com/albums/w379/Kittengirl23/?action=view&current=Photo14.jpg

I know it looks really weird. I'm at a bad stage. My hair has been thinned a bit, layered, and is generally mad at me. :p The ends go down a bit past where the pic ends. I used my computer camera so the quality is funny too. But it is still a picture!! Below is a pic of my hair from the front:

http://s1072.photobucket.com/albums/w379/Kittengirl23/?action=view&current=Photo14.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs 1072.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fw379%2FKittengirl2 3%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DPhoto18.jpg

I know this one's a little scary! My front is a bit thinner due to layers and highlighting :( It is a bit longer than it looks but it insisted on flipping up today. So here it is at least.

ETA: The first one isn't showing up on my computer but if you click the lower one and hit previous they are both there. Sorry about this. Is there a way to actually have the picture show up in the post and not just the link?

Yes. Change the around the link to .
Make sure your album settings on Photobucket are set to public, too!

I really like your hair, btw. I'm jealous! I want!

Yosha
March 13th, 2012, 03:46 PM
You can show your images in the post by clicking on the mountain icon, next to the envelope :p

I was prepared to see a horrible picture per your description, but your hair looks nice and shiny and very promising :D

kittengirl
March 13th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Yes. Change the around the link to .
Make sure your album settings on Photobucket are set to public, too!

I really like your hair, btw. I'm jealous! I want!

Thanks for the compliment, and the advice! I just can't figure out the url thing though. I changed the [url] part before the link to [IMG] but then nothing happens. Am I doing it wrong?

fridgee
March 13th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Beautiful hair! It looks so soft and shiny! :)

kittengirl
March 13th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Thank you all for the compliments! I'm genuinely surprised that anyone thinks my hair looks good...I am under the general impression that my hair is fairly beastly. Maybe it's just because I live with it every day and hate the length. I feel more encouraged now though:)

joflakes
March 13th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the compliment, and the advice! I just can't figure out the url thing though. I changed the [url] part before the link to [IMG] but then nothing happens. Am I doing it wrong?

Okay. So you have [url]then the link, and then: [/url (with the extra bracket!)
What you need it your photo's link (no spaces when you do it) to show it up in the post.

I have short hair, just about a respectable short bob an inch or two under my ears. I've been growing it out from a very short pixie cut since May last year and it's driving me mad! It doesn't look as bad now but I want to be able to put it up in a ponytail already!

Juanita
March 13th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Your hair is a pretty colour and nice and shiny

MissCoco
March 13th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Your hair looks stunning in the first picture: silky smooth, shiny and with such beautiful colors! So far so good! :thumbsup:

kittengirl
March 13th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Okay. So you have [url]then the link, and then: [/url (with the extra bracket!)
What you need it your photo's link (no spaces when you do it) to show it up in the post.

I have short hair, just about a respectable short bob an inch or two under my ears. I've been growing it out from a very short pixie cut since May last year and it's driving me mad! It doesn't look as bad now but I want to be able to put it up in a ponytail already!

I took your advice and tried that but my computer is malfunctioning and they don't appear, just bland question mark pictures. Oh, well. I think I'll leave the url's to make sure people can see them. Thanks for all the help. :) As for your bob, I was recently there and I was also so relieved when I could finally wear a pony tail! You'll get there! Hang in there! I know, easier said than done. Believe me, I know!!

joflakes
March 13th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I took your advice and tried that but my computer is malfunctioning and they don't appear, just bland question mark pictures. Oh, well. I think I'll leave the url's to make sure people can see them. Thanks for all the help. :) As for your bob, I was recently there and I was also so relieved when I could finally wear a pony tail! You'll get there! Hang in there! I know, easier said than done. Believe me, I know!!

How strange. It should work in the future, though! Main thing is we can see your hair. :)

I'm hanging. Haha...I'm just trying to kinda ignore it and focus on the good parts of it. It's still lovely and shiny and soft even though I bleached it once to make it bright red. I now only have to lightly bleach the roots to touch it up if I wanna keep the bright or I can decide to just leave it and dye it back to my natural (ish) colour. Either way it'll feel nice!

RapunzelKat
March 13th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Wow, very pretty hair kittengirl! :D It looks so shiny and healthy! You have a really neat wave pattern, I'm sure it will continue to get more beautiful as it gets longer! :happydance:

kittengirl
March 13th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Thank you everyone! I feel very encouraged and like there is hope for my hair journey, which I was not so sure about before. :)

teela1978
March 13th, 2012, 10:50 PM

I think the problem is that the link you're using is to the page where the picture is, not to the picture's url. You'd need to change the to AND you'd have to go to the site where your picture is being hosted, right click on the image, hit "copy image url", and then paste that url inbetwen the tags.

And I agree with the others, your hair looks fine. Though a bit short!

kittengirl
March 13th, 2012, 11:31 PM
I think the problem is that the link you're using is to the page where the picture is, not to the picture's url. You'd need to change the to AND you'd have to go to the site where your picture is being hosted, right click on the image, hit "copy image url", and then paste that url inbetwen the tags.

And I agree with the others, your hair looks fine. Though a bit short!

I"m working on the length problem! ;)