PDA

View Full Version : Would this work? A variation of SMT...

kitcatsmeow
March 13th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I'm completely out of aloe vera gel and want to do a SMT however I do have aloe vera juice. Same or no?

Also can I use raw honey or regular honey?

HintOfMint
March 13th, 2012, 06:47 PM
You should be fine, although your SMT may be runnier in texture which may not be pleasant as you leave it on and are waiting.

Honestly, I've played around with SMTs for so long that I can't remember the last time I did a regular one. I add oils, scents, more honey, dabs of glycerine... etc. The one thing I omit regularly is the aloe. My hair doesn't do well with aloe although many people love it. I find it leaves a residue on my hair.

Amber_Maiden
March 13th, 2012, 07:02 PM
The aloe juice will make it more runny, just don't add as much.
Doesn't matter if it's raw honey or not!.

kitcatsmeow
March 13th, 2012, 07:18 PM
thanks guys! I was thinking it might be a little runnier but I don't use a lot of aloe in my recipe so I'll just use a little :)

justgreen
March 13th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I'm a long time user of SMT and I just skip the aloe. Any honey is fine. The longer you leave the SMT on fresh washed wet hair, the better.

kitcatsmeow
March 14th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Thanks justgreen! I used the treatment all the time but I've gotten lazy and fallen into a nice routine. Well I used a toner on my blonde recently and I've noticed some breakage the last few days and realized that my "daily" condish is not gonna cut it!

einna
March 14th, 2012, 07:27 AM
I always use aloe vera juice, it's what I have. Works great for me. It helps to towel dry my hair a little, so that there is less water in the hair, then it dosent run as much. :)

kitcatsmeow
March 14th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Well it worked just fine for me too! Used a small bit of av juice, raw honey and my Jason all natural herbal condish which is VERY thick so it wasn't runny at all. Added some argan oil as well.