PDA

View Full Version : Hair tangles super easy...help

GoldberryHair
March 12th, 2012, 09:45 PM
So I usually wear my hair up except for at home or when I go out sometimes but the last few times I've worn it out down (one to the mall with a friend and other to the bar) it got SO tangled with HUGE rat nests... I lost SO much hair untangling..even carefully with my TT :( . I don't know what's going on. It's not windy and I don't whip my head around...it doesnt do this at home and I like wearing it down bcuz it looks nice...perhaps I need more cones in my routine..idk how much I'm using already...suggestions please or experience with this?

Btw for some reason I can't post a thread from my lap top it says I dont have enough words even if I write a paragraph so this is on my phone, is anyone else experiencing this problem?

darklyndsea
March 12th, 2012, 10:14 PM
It's weird that it's tangling when you're out but not at home. Maybe you're moving it more than you think?

I struggled with tangly hair for most of my life, and I've finally found what works for me, so hopefully this'll be helpful to you too. Apparently hair tangles more when the moisture/protein balance is off, which for me meant CWCing helped some. But what really helps me is Kimberlily's defrizz spray (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277): I spray it in my hair before I tangle, and my TT glides right through with no resistance.

braylin27cobain
March 12th, 2012, 10:28 PM
I have this problem too!!!:-( I also think that maybe it could have to do with maybe flipping it around more than you catch on to...?

midsummernight
March 12th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Do you oil your hair? Oil can sometimes attract dust and this causes tangling.

braylin27cobain
March 12th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Yes!!! I just started recently using mineral/baby oil on my hair! About 3 weeks ago, which is also when I first started to notice these tangles!!! Thanks!

skaempfer
March 12th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Yes!!! I just started recently using mineral/baby oil on my hair! About 3 weeks ago, which is also when I first started to notice these tangles!!! Thanks!

A lot of people use oiling strictly as a pre-poo for this reason. I keep my hair braided if it's oiled.

Katze
March 13th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Leave-in really helps me with this problem. And my DH - a fine, thick-haired, wurly (between wavy and curly) whose hair dreads after a night sleeping on it - we comb it out with a light conditioner regularly, or a normal/heavy conditioner before washing. This also helps protect fine and tangle-prone hair from damage.

I know my hair is not as long as yours and it probably never will be :) but I enjoy wearing it down and put it up for sports or when I am outside in the wind. Tangles are part of life with my hair, I am afraid, but leave-in really minimizes them.

good luck!

MonaLisa
March 13th, 2012, 02:02 AM
If I'm not wrong - you recently dyed your hair twice? Once was bleach even?
It's normal that it behaves different than before..It needs some extra care now!
Try deep conditioning a few times :)