PDA

View Full Version : Oil treatment day after Henna?& Newbie thanks for all the great info!

holland16
March 12th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Will a coconut/castor oil/rosemary oil treatment affect henna oxidaton process(first time I have used a non-neutral Henna) that I did last nigt? I'd like to soften the texture of my hair & get some wave back ASAP - although not alarmed as I know this is common post henna.

Also, thank you for all the great tips, I wish Id found the LHC years ago, I might have hair worthy of comparison with all of your lively locks by now! Allready noticing changes for the better just using a natural & less is more approach so off to a great start!

Amber_Maiden
March 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM
It might take some of the henna out of your hair. I would wait about 5 days after hennaing till I dod a treatment. That said, a little bit of oil probably won't hurt it.

holland16
March 12th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks for your help! (& no less from the owner of beautiful hair I've specifacally admired)Will wait it out with a little help from my braids :)

midsummernight
March 12th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Henna does tend to dry the hair. I just did henna the other day and I conditioned my hair after washing away the henna and used some almond oil as a leave in. To get you wave back I suggest using amla power in your henna mix next time.