PDA

View Full Version : This girls colour is amazing, could I achieve it too?

MissHair
March 12th, 2012, 02:47 PM
This model, Maja Krag's hair has such a stunning natural colour. I've been meaning to dye my hair lighter to this shade (I used to have this haircolour when I was like 4, til it turned darker) but I don't want to use any bleach whatsoever.

I've tried the honey-lightening method two times now and my roots DO seem lighter compared to the old dye on my ends, the honey seems to attach better to virgin hair.

My question is.. and to anyone who's got experience.. Could I possibly achieve the same light brown/dark blonde colour with simply honey-lightening or can I only get this colour by bleaching?

Photo 1 (http://www.haircolorsideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/light-brown-hair-color.jpg)

Photo 2 (http://models.sight-management.com/system/media/photos/112728_id_BAh7BzoPcmVzb2x1dGlvblsHaQItAWkC9AE6B2lk aQNYuAE=.jpg?1289310654)

Photo 3 (http://scoopmodels.com/typo3temp/pics/Bild77_80cffd5f5a.jpg)

TiffanieJean
March 12th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Sorry, I don't have any advice. Her hair color is very pretty tho :) Good luck!

Avital88
March 12th, 2012, 02:56 PM
i used to have my hair this color for a while,but i got it without wanting it really, i was just making my hair lighter with sun-in and highlights now and then over dark brown dye,it ended up like this and i still regret for starting to use dye over it... it is achievable but it will probably damage your hair too looking at how dark yours is

Amber_Maiden
March 12th, 2012, 02:58 PM
hmmm.... That would take A LOT of honey lightening... since you have what looks like dark brown hair and want to go light brown/dark blonde. I'm not completely sure you could get there with honey alone. It would probably take chemical permanent peroxide containing hair dye to get you to that colour.

heidi w.
March 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I have cause to believe she's working with mostly her natural color. At least it appears that way. Note that hair color isn't solid all one color. All hair colors involve hilights and low-lights. Both highs and lows of the tone one is interested in. When coloring the hair, it's important to keep this in mind. Because those who choose one solid color, the hair looks most unnatural and very flat, as all the undertones and overtones are not apparent. They've been colored out. This color is achieved because a blonde's hair color has darkened over time. My hair has done this. You may not believe that I began life as a tow-head, and in high school, junior year, the earliest hints of my hair color changing really took shape, although in younger grade school photos I have fairly dark roots compared to the rest of my hair color which was altogether white.

heidi w.

spidermom
March 12th, 2012, 03:38 PM
I really and truly believe it would require bleaching to get your hair to that color.

xoxophelia
March 12th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I don't think you could get this color with only honey lightening. It is pretty similar to my own and I think it is a slightly ashy blonette. Basically, if you bleached to this color, your hair would likely pull more red than this and would have to go over it with something else. If you really want that color, I think it would be best to get it done by a pro since your starting color is fairly dark.

jel
March 12th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I agree with Spidermom; I have tried both honey and cinnamon lightening (separately and together), and they had very little to no effect on my virgin roots. From the pictures, my natural shade seems to be lighter than yours, only slightly darker than the model's.

Mi-chan666
March 12th, 2012, 04:21 PM
You do know, though, that honey lightening and cinnamon lightening (ANY lightening of the hair whatsoever) is bleaching, too? ;) Making your hair lighter ALWAYS involves bleaching, whether you use chemical bleaches or natural ones, there always is a chemical reaction with hydrogen peroxide.