PDA

View Full Version : My circumference has increased.

Silverbrumby
March 12th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I'm sorry. Just had to share because I'm sort of shocked. I never thought this would happen and was just hoping for hair in better condition so I could grow it a tad longer. I thought my thicker hair days where gone.

I started here with 2 to 2.25 circumference and lots of shedding. Today I measured where a higher ponytail would sit and it's 2.75 to almost 3? What the heck :)

I wont celebrate until the thicker hair grows out and makes it past shoulder because of my past bad sheds.

What I've changed:

CWC and sulfate free shampoo and cond.

BBB everyday now thanks to heidi's video

Appropriate oil (was using up to 1/2 a teaspoon before, no wonder my hair hated me) after Heidi's video

Baby oil

Tea rinse and ACV rinse

Only shampooing twice a week

Wide tooth combing, wet bunning and hair sticks instead of bands, silk pillow slip, no heat or flat ironing anymore, Vit D, biosil, iron 4 days a month

Well today I'm going to be happy for the changes and enjoy my new, thicker buns.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9886&pictureid=128379

(no idea if this link will work)

turtlelover
March 12th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Congratulations! That is GREAT progress. Did you take any supplements that you think could have contributed to the gain in thickness, or just external stuff?

Silverbrumby
March 12th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Congratulations! That is GREAT progress. Did you take any supplements that you think could have contributed to the gain in thickness, or just external stuff?

I think it was a combination of things but maybe the shedding was more to do with my low vit. D and Iron which I've been treating now for almost 3 plus months. I'm also stimulating the scalp most days now. When I was going through bad sheds I didn't want to touch my hair but I think that made it worse. BBB, massages and keeping the scalp clean seem to really work for me. Also the supplements and bunning most days.

But I'm honestly not sure. I did the wrong thing and added a bunch of variables. Also my shedding could start up again so I'm trying not to get attached to this new hair. But I will enjoy it :cheese:

melusine963
March 12th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Congratulations! I'd like to think my hair will also thicken up eventually. Not because of shedding less (I can't help that), but because I no longer rip my hair out before it's ready to come out naturally by brushing carelessly.

Shesta
March 12th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I'm very happy for you! It seems what you're doing is working very well. I wish I could be able to post a similar thread later this year :)

ravenheather
March 12th, 2012, 12:26 PM
When do you fit the tea and acv rinse in your routine? Just after shampooing or inbetween? What tea are you using?

ludwig20
March 12th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Congratulations! That's an impressive increase in circumference.

sfgirl
March 12th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I'm really hoping this will happen with me too! I have firmly ii hair, but I'm hoping I can get it up about a half an inch though eventually, like you did. Congratulations :)

Amber_Maiden
March 12th, 2012, 01:52 PM
That is awesome! Congrats!

littleizz
March 12th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Sweet! That's a pretty awesome increase!! I've only measured my circumference once when I first was hair-typing and I don't even remember what it was... I suppose I should document this stuff a little better if I want to know when I get results :rolleyes:

Annalouise
March 12th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Yay!:cheese: That is totally awesome. I had a similar thing happen but I only gained just under .5" in about 6 months.

Chetanlaiho
March 12th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I'm really hoping this will happen in the next few years as mine has decreased the past year by about half an inch =( I'm also taking extra vit D and starting massaging my scalp a little bit everday =)

Edit: *facepalm*, forgot to congratulate you ;)