PDA

View Full Version : I did something sorta dumb

Tangles
July 22nd, 2008, 02:52 PM
So I did something pretty stupid--trimmed my face framing layers so that the shortest cups my chin and the rest sort of just stick out at neck length.

My reason had been that my layers (there aren't a lot of them, the rest of my hair is one level) looked fried for some reason, and I've been incredibly anxious lately about all sorts of things. My fringe isn't too short to go into a ponytail, but I'm that much farther away from smooth, long hair. I should have known better--wavy and fringe don't mix too well!!!

I guess I'm not really asking for advice so much as to say I'm mad at myself for setting myself back. What's more, my hair really seems to have stalled at this stupid length that never looks good down. I'm not sure if it's just my perception--3 months of growth have brought me about 2 inches, and that's not bad at all really. The good news is that my hair has nowhere to go except further down my back... except for my stupid FACE FRAME of course!!! :rolleyes:

jojo
July 22nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
I did a similar thing with my sideburns last month! dumb! but it will grow and we will learn out lesson-keep away from scissors!

LOL!!!

spidermom
July 22nd, 2008, 04:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the change. I love my face-framing fringe. Try to enjoy yours; it does open up some styling options you won't have when they've grown out.

lora410
July 22nd, 2008, 04:13 PM
like you said it has nowhere to go but down. Now id be scared if everytime my hair got mad it would shorten on its own. Live and leard I say :D

Siava
July 22nd, 2008, 04:22 PM
On the bright side, your ends around the face are mega healthy now! :D

Riot Crrl
July 22nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
like you said it has nowhere to go but down. Now id be scared if everytime my hair got mad it would shorten on its own. Live and leard I say :D

Well mine does that in humidity but it's temporary. :silly:

thankyousir74
July 22nd, 2008, 04:27 PM
i agree with that wavy and fringe truly don't mix. I did the same thing in sophmore year >_< never doing that again lol

shellblue1
July 22nd, 2008, 05:05 PM
I just had my mom trim my hair a couple of days ago. I told her only about an inch and then she trimmed an inch and a half or two inches off. My hair feels so much shorter now! Amazing how just a little trim will do that. I was disappointed. So I kinda know how you feel.

lawyermom
July 22nd, 2008, 05:10 PM
I'm sure it looks beautiful, but since you don't like it...
Here's to wishing you a growth spurt!