PDA

View Full Version : Stretching Washes on Accident

cheetahfast
March 11th, 2012, 06:33 PM
So does anyone else here forget when their last was day was? I usually wash my hair every 4 days, I could go longer, but I travel through a dirty city often so I like to wash a bit more often than once a week or however long I could last.

I'm firmly in the camp of wash it when you want to, I think stretching washes can be more agony that beneficial for some people.

Today on my walk home from work I thought I should wash my hair since I like the way my conditioner smells...but I have no clue when my last wash day was. Hmm, I think it was Thursday. Or Tuesday. :rollin:

Either way I'm just going to wash it tomorrow morning. It's just driving me crazy that I cannot remember when I last washed :p. This happens too often with me.

Am I senile or is this common :D?

MeowScat
March 11th, 2012, 06:48 PM
{raises hand} Me too!

I'm starting to think that maybe I should just write it on the calendar to keep track. I really don't know how I can constantly forget what day I did what. Senility? :)

Sometimes I'll remember my hair being wet while I was watching tv, and I'll say to myself, "I was watching American Idol that night, so it was...ummm...oh no! Idol is on two nights a week! Which night did I wash and watch?"

...but I'll never, EVER forget to eat! :D

ratgirldjh
March 11th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Yes! I just wash when my scalp or hair feels like it needs washing! Sometimes this can be only a few days - but most of the time it is at least a week! My hair doesn't like to be washed a lot though.

ravenheather
March 11th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I would if I didn't have designated wash days: Saturday and Tuesday.

NymphSpirit
March 11th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Uhhh, this happens to me too! Once a whole week and half passed, I was really weirded out when I noticed it had been that long :p Good thing my mother didn't, she thinks I should wash it every other day haha

I think this happens mostly because we wash it when we feel the need to, so if the hair doesn't get oily or dirty for x reasons then there simply is no reason to wash it.

JesusFreak88
March 11th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I would if I didn't have designated wash days: Saturday and Tuesday.

I agree, only I wash on Wednesday and Sunday.

elthia
March 11th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I don't work a set schedule, and I work 12-16 hour days, sometimes I can work up to three days in a row. I just wash my hair around my work schedule.

filthygorgeous
March 11th, 2012, 07:45 PM
this is why once a week is easy...in between use a dry power like oscar blandi also i noticed to make hair extra soft on bottom if you use a deep condition or mask before you shampoo and condition as normal...made a huge difference on my hair

Vanilla
March 11th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I always have to wash Sunday night, I like to do a deep treatment on Friday, and the rest of the week is negotiable. I forget which day I actually wash my hair during the workweek.

MortalEternity
March 11th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Oh, I am so happy I'm not alone in this.
Unfortunately, this inability I have to keep track dates (I had a hair-wash jounal I wrote in literally once) affected my work life, so I've gone to washing it every 2 days, three max when I smother it with baby powder or wear a wig. I lose track of the days way too often. I tried to have a weekly washing day, but that stretched it too long, and then I'd forget hwen my last wash was, and it just got to be a hassle.

This has lead me to go back to shampoo, which I was not using (baking soda and conditioner was my way), but apparently when I added conditioner to my routine, it threw things off balance, and my boss told me that I needed to stop using whatever that "new" product was that I was using. Before that, I'd never heard a word against my non-shampooed hair. In fact, my hair had not been shampooed since before I started that job. It was the conditioner, I suppose, that messed things up. But it made me so self-conscious that I went back to frequent shampoos. With shampoo, it is much more difficult to stretch washing days because my hair gets greasy faster, but I'm not sure I'm dedicated enough to attempt another shampoo withdrawal, especially since I'm so dissatisfied with my hair as it is.

MortalEternity
March 11th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I do not mean to double-post, but I wanted to clarify, and I don't have editing rights yet (which is kind of hilarious). But when I said every 2 days, I meant every other day. Wash one day, not the next, then wash again, etc. Just wanted to make sure I was wording it in a way that was understood.

melusine963
March 12th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Now that I've stretched my washes to once a week it's easy to remember since my wash day doesn't change. Normally that is Sunday night (so that my hair is clean all week for work). When it's the holidays or I'm travelling my schedule sometimes gets thrown off, and then I struggle to remember exactly when I last washed it. It was the same when I was stretching from 5 days to 7, since the day of the week was always shifting.

QMacrocarpa
March 12th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I would have that trouble, but I have a regular weekly wash day, and before that I had two regular weekly wash days (always the same two days). I'd definitely put it in my calendar if I were trying to maintain a shifting wash schedule, but I wouldn't have any problem with that. Come to think of it, I DO record washes in my updo log, even though it's steadily on the same day of the week.

Bedhead
March 12th, 2012, 09:15 AM
That's how I ended up on NW/SO! lol! :D

einna
March 12th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Haha, this happens to me all the time. I wash a little less than 2 times a week, but not really sure how often, because I rarely remember the last wash day, I just wash when I need it, but try to stretch it. Now that I have started scalp only washing, it has gotten even worse. ;)

Flame3345
March 12th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Definitely have tried to forget! :P but then i decided to do it on monday and wednesday (Mostly) :D