PDA

View Full Version : How long does hair grow per month?

redsoles
March 11th, 2012, 02:20 PM
What's the average per month?
How long does your hair grow per month?
Is this determined by genetics?

If you had long hair as a child, can you grow long hair as an adult?

Beckstar
March 11th, 2012, 02:30 PM

1. 1/2"

2. 1"+

3. Partial. The rest is based on you nutritional intake and what chemicals (relaxers, dyes, keratin treatments) you used or don't use.

4. I never had longhair as a child but did have to go for trims more often than most people. I've always had thick strong hair that is very curly and grows very fast. I'm 37 and my hair is rapidly turning grey but it still grows 1" sometimes more each month. I've gone from a short pixie cut to hiplength (when stretched) in 3 years.

redsoles
March 11th, 2012, 02:59 PM

1. 1/2"

2. 1"+

3. Partial. The rest is based on you nutritional intake and what chemicals (relaxers, dyes, keratin treatments) you used or don't use.

4. I never had longhair as a child but did have to go for trims more often than most people. I've always had thick strong hair that is very curly and grows very fast. I'm 37 and my hair is rapidly turning grey but it still grows 1" sometimes more each month. I've gone from a short pixie cut to hiplength (when stretched) in 3 years.

What is your diet like?

Amber_Maiden
March 11th, 2012, 03:29 PM

1. .5in

2. Used to be more than 1.75in a month. Now it's about .75in

3. Partially, and partially your diet, vitamins you take, environment you live in, what toxins you are exposed to, etc

4. I think as the person gets older their hair changes in texture, etc, as does how much they eat, what illnesses they have had, what toxins they have been exposed to, etc. So it could happen, but it could also not happen.

uptosomeone
March 11th, 2012, 03:35 PM
What's the average per month? .5"
How long does your hair grow per month? .5"

The other two questions were already answered for you, I believe :)

Glacier
March 11th, 2012, 03:49 PM
What's the average per month? 0.5 inches
How long does your hair grow per month? 0.5 if I'm lucky..

Silverbrumby
March 11th, 2012, 04:13 PM
1. 0.5 is average

2. Mine grows between 0.25 to 0.5 a month.

3. Genetics IMO 98%. Bad diet, meds. disease can make a big difference.

4. BSL. I believe hair def. thins with aging and slows for some.

cfreya
March 11th, 2012, 04:35 PM
As everyone else has said, average growth is 0.5inch per month, that is also how fast mine grows

Shesta
March 11th, 2012, 05:06 PM
What's the average per month? 0.5 inches
How long does your hair grow per month? anywhere from 1.5" to 0.3" .. it really depends on my diet

jacqueline101
March 11th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I don't know how many inches mine grew in a month but its been almost a year since I joined this site and my hair grew a lot. I'm amazed at times. I know it grew due to the fast I use more products then I used to. I mean quantity wise more oil mist and more poo and condish. My hair is longer. Its heavier too takes a little longer to dry.

supbanana
March 11th, 2012, 07:53 PM
My hair grows anywhere from no growth at all to one full inch depending on what time of year it is.

I was forced to have short hair as a child (think bowl cut) and right now my hair is down to my hips. I'm not sure how the two are related?

Beckstar
March 11th, 2012, 10:22 PM
What is your diet like?

I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian (no fish, no chicken). I get my protein from nuts, beans, peanut butter, goat milk (8 grams of protein per 8oz), protein shakes (I make sure they are vegetarian friendly. The protein I use is soy based).

I don't like cows milk and find goatmilk tastes better and is easier for me to digest. I eat 6+ fruits per day and 8-10 servings of vegetables. I only eat whole wheat pasta and and whole wheat bread and low carb tortillas. I like foods with fiber and little sugar.

I have always eaten about 80% clean. Now I'm trying to get back on track or being off board for a few months

Beckstar
March 11th, 2012, 10:23 PM
My hair grows anywhere from no growth at all to one full inch depending on what time of year it is.

I was forced to have short hair as a child (think bowl cut) and right now my hair is down to my hips. I'm not sure how the two are related?

I think she means does your hair grow as well as it used to.

redsoles
March 12th, 2012, 02:31 AM
I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian (no fish, no chicken). I get my protein from nuts, beans, peanut butter, goat milk (8 grams of protein per 8oz), protein shakes (I make sure they are vegetarian friendly. The protein I use is soy based).

I don't like cows milk and find goatmilk tastes better and is easier for me to digest. I eat 6+ fruits per day and 8-10 servings of vegetables. I only eat whole wheat pasta and and whole wheat bread and low carb tortillas. I like foods with fiber and little sugar.

I have always eaten about 80% clean. Now I'm trying to get back on track or being off board for a few months

Has your hair always grown faster than 1"+ plus?
I notice a correlation between vegans and hair growth. I know a few and their hair grows like crazy.

Allychan
March 12th, 2012, 02:36 AM
I eat a lot of nuts and consider myself a partial vego (I only eat Kangaroo and chicken sometimes). My hair grew over an inch last month. It has never grown this fast before until I tweeked my diet and upped my supplements, MN and castor oil scalp massages. But my ends are very stringy so it does not look that impressive.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x476/Allychan1/HairFeb12-1.jpg?t=1331541960

redsoles
March 12th, 2012, 02:39 AM

Has your hair always grown faster than 1"+ plus?
I notice a correlation between vegans and hair growth. I know a few and their hair grows like crazy.