PDA

View Full Version : I can tuck my fringe behind my ears!

NymphSpirit
March 10th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Oh, I'm so happy! My fringe is finally long enough for me to be able to tuck it behind my ears :D around october last year I got a reeeally short blunt fringe (I was terribly self conscious about my big forehead, luckily I got over it...) maintained it during november and in decemeber I decided to grow it out, it was a pain; it was too curly and flew upwards :eek: but now it's over! After pining it back for three months I can now simply tuck it behind my ears and let it be :p, yay! It grew around 8cm(3in) which is more than what it usually grows for me, so even more yay! :D

(No pictures, sorry, tried taking some but they were really awkward and horrible haha)

DakarNick
March 10th, 2012, 07:44 PM
My wife cut long bangs specifically so she could still tuck them behind her ears. She hates hair on her face and won't get regular bangs. Congrats to you, it must feel good.

Freckled.Thing
March 10th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I went through the same thing recently. Once they're this long everything is so much easier! Now my bangs are slightly past my chin and I'm not quite sure what I want to do with them or if I should just grow them out completely.

zombi
March 10th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Congrats! That's always a nice feeling! (: It can be such a pain growing out a fringe.

jacqueline101
March 11th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I'm glad your bangs are growing. I like bangs myself but I want you to be happy.

rock007junkie
March 11th, 2012, 08:58 AM
That's an awesome milestone. Congrats!

HylianGirl
March 11th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Congratulations on the milestone! I have also been there! I once cut a fringe beacuse many people said it would look good on me, but that required a lot of heat styling to make them stay down and stop being curly it jsut didn't look good, I also got really happy when I could *finally* tuck them behing my ears, feels so nice not to have hair on you face =D

PrairieRose
March 11th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Congratulations!:joy:
I am growing bangs out too, can't wait to be able to tuck them!

terylenerose
March 11th, 2012, 10:44 AM
My "bangs" (shortest layer of an ex-pixie/shag) are also just long enough to tuck behind my ears, but I never do because my hair is always up. Congratulations!

Johanna
March 11th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I remember that awesome feeling, having it stay was so wonderful! Then I started getting the flicks coming from under your ears. Next step, having it stay in a pony!

NymphSpirit
March 11th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks everyone! :D

HylianGirl: That's pretty much what happened to me too :o it may have looked purrretty, but heat styling was too troublesome

Johanna: Your comment literally made me go :joy:

Avital88
March 11th, 2012, 07:45 PM
congrats, i also cut bangs last month and am already tired of them, i liked them for a week :D
luckily i didnt cut them too short as what i usually do,so i figured within 3 months they must be behind my ears too again.
For some reason bangs always grow faster..?

KwaveT
March 11th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I will be glad when I can tuck my bangs over my ears. My bangs are still about mouth length right now so I have a ways to still go.

Johanna
March 11th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Nymphspirit, I remember all the frustrations and all the triumphs from growing out your fringe. It's so exciting conquering milestones!

My milestones which made me super excited and dance around were:
-Finally getting it to stay in a ponytail
-Being able to clip the fringe at the back of your head hippy style. (And have it stay!)
-Being able to do a plait at the base of the nape and have the fringe stay in! (It needs to weave its way through about 3+ bumps to finally hold if you've got slippy hair.
-And of course, Having it all one length. No more bits sticking out of your braid!

I had an eyebrow length fringe in 2008 and finally had it reach the rest of my hair at tbl in Jan. Be patient and good things will come! I could have reached it sooner but I had a few accidental cuts at the hairdressers. Apparently 'I'm growing out my fringe' equals 'CUT 6 INCHES OFF DO IT CUTCUTCUT' gaaah!

strawberryfine
June 7th, 2021, 07:09 PM
This thread seems the closest to my immediate goals. Growing out bangs, about 1 1/2 inches to go before I can "ear tuck". Also Growing out undercut sides. Also about 1 1/2 inches to ear-tuck. Just trying to be patient!

ExpectoPatronum
June 8th, 2021, 12:10 AM
That's always one of the best feelings. You no longer need to rely on hair clips! :cheer:

hannabiss
June 8th, 2021, 05:32 AM
Sweet! Congrats.