PDA

View Full Version : Thick Ends

jennescence
March 10th, 2012, 06:48 PM
This is my first time growing my hair out, and the ends of my hair are pretty thick. My question is how do you maintain the thickness?

Amber_Maiden
March 10th, 2012, 07:00 PM
If your ends are thick, you don't have to worry about anything. If they start to thin out, look like fairytale ends however, then you can start microtrimming so that the rest of the hair catches up.

jennescence
March 10th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Oh thank you so much!

spidermom
March 10th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I think most people need regular small trims to keep their ends on the thick side. Some hairs grow faster than other hairs, and if you don't hold them back with trimming so that other hairs can catch up, the ends will be quite thin indeed.

There's a lot of individual variation, however. Some people will end up with thin ends no matter what they do, others will grow evenly, and the ends will remain thick.

Maktub
March 10th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I think most people need regular small trims to keep their ends on the thick side. Some hairs grow faster than other hairs, and if you don't hold them back with trimming so that other hairs can catch up, the ends will be quite thin indeed.

There's a lot of individual variation, however. Some people will end up with thin ends no matter what they do, others will grow evenly, and the ends will remain thick.

I agree :)

PixxieStix
March 10th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Along with the trimming as necessary, I would also throw out there that protecting the ends so as to prevent breakage, splits, dryness, etc., will also help keep the ends thick by allowing the individual hairs to stay closer to the same length as a whole.

I have layers, and while my hemline is decently thick, I can't wait for the shortest ones to reach APL so I can trim off the rest of the layers and have a REALLY nice hemline.

jacqueline101
March 11th, 2012, 07:38 AM
You are fine if they're thick if they get thin start micro trimming.

melusine963
March 11th, 2012, 08:51 AM
For me, the only thing to do is be very careful with brushing and other sources of damage so that I don't rip out or break off any hair before it's ready to come out naturally. Also trimming :(