PDA

View Full Version : Adding Clarifying Shampoo to CO for CO Wash

Macaroni
March 10th, 2012, 05:42 PM
My hair has been exclusively co'd for months. It seems to have a bit of buildup (I don't use products for styling) and I wondered how to do a very gentle clarify treatment.

My hair has permanent color and I was thinking of adding a small amount of Suave Clarifying Shampoo to my VO5 Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint Tea Conditioner for a "cleansing" co.

What do you think?

Madora
March 10th, 2012, 05:51 PM
If your purpose is to clarify, then I'd use just the claryifying shampoo (maybe dilute it).

I don't know if using it as you suggested in your post would bring you the same results as using just the clarifying product. Would the ingredients "mesh" with each other..or war with each other?

Neutrogena Anti Residue is supposed to be a gentle clarifying shampoo (but you should condition your hair after using it).

CaityBear
March 10th, 2012, 06:06 PM
I do that sometimes. or else I fill a bottle with water and add a tablespoon or so of conditioner to it and use that.

Either one seems to work fine for me. I sometimes add shampoo to my conditioner bottle for a boost every now and then.

Kelikea
March 10th, 2012, 06:29 PM
You can add a tsp of baking soda to some diluted CO in an applicator bottle, follow with acidic rinse and then CO as usual from there.