PDA

View Full Version : Hair Gets Tangled In Calorimetry...HELP

Maelyssa
March 10th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Ive just recently purchased my first ever Calorimetry and have been wearing it these past few nights. All is well until I go to take it off and each and every time somehow my hair tangles around the button as I take it off. Help!

Coan-Teen
March 10th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I'm sorry, what is a calorimetry? I tried to google it to get a visual on what is happening and couldn't find anything that seemed appropriate. Could you link to a picture or provide a description of what you are wearing?

Metallia
March 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Ive just recently purchased my first ever Calorimetry and have been wearing it these past few nights. All is well until I go to take it off and each and every time somehow my hair tangles around the button as I take it off. Help!
I usually don't have problems with mine, and I use it with both up-dos and with my hair down (I have curly hair so a hat crushes my curls). You could try replacing the button with a new one that is smooth and without snags, and make sure that it is snugly attached. If there's to much 'wiggle', or length in the thread or yarn attaching it, maybe your hair is wrapping around it between the button and fabric.
My only other thought is that if the Calorimetry is made of a rough yarn, it may tangle and catch your hair more naturally regardless. Do you know what yarn it's made from?

Safira
March 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry, what is a calorimetry? I tried to google it to get a visual on what is happening and couldn't find anything that seemed appropriate. Could you link to a picture or provide a description of what you are wearing?

Iīm wondering the same thing...

Metallia
March 10th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Iīm wondering the same thing...
Try here! :)
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html
It's like a headband, rather than wearing a hat over your hair.

Safira
March 10th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Try here! :)
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html
It's like a headband, rather than wearing a hat over your hair.

Oh, I see, yes I have those :doh:

I donīt have buttons in my calorimetry, so I donīt have that problem. Maybe you should hide that button somehow?

Kelikea
March 10th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Oh, yeah I was wondering what it was, too. I have something similar, but it is all one piece with a seam in the middle, so nothing to catch on. Its sort of a cross between a knit cap, headband, and ear warmer, no?

Tabitha
March 10th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I have one and I find I have to use both hands, carefully, to undo the button without moving the band at all.

If you still have problems I suggest you remove the button, sew the ends together and slip it on and off like one of those stretchy fabric headbands.